Contract work

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
LAS_VEGAS

Contract work

Post by LAS_VEGAS » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:57 pm

Hi,
I'm offered a contract job in the IT industry for 1-3 years. Monthly salary offered is 9000 euros.

This sounds insanely good, I'm wondering if there are any other costs than the income tax? How much I would get after all the fees and the taxes?

Thanks in advance for your time.

ImageImage

Contract work

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Contract work

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:44 pm

Depends completely on what the company making the offer was talking about, a monthly gross salary as their employee, a monthly fee to a company or something else. If indeed a monthly gross salary as an employee, that is way above what one would normally get. For a salary taxed in Finland, you can use a calculator in https://prosentti.vero.fi/VPL2017/Sivut ... ieli=en-US

Since you mentioned a "contract", I'm thinking that possibly it is what they would pay you as a (one man) company, you then being responsible for any employer etc. fees. In this case, it would equal to roughly 6500€/month payable gross salary to yourself, from which you'd pay tax as any employee. I'm not going into details about dividends or other aspects of running a business.