Freelance work while on a worker's permit

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
KefkieTeapot

Post by KefkieTeapot » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:05 am

Is it possible to do online work while in possession of an employee/worker's permit?
If not, do I have to obtain a self-employed permit when I want to solely earn through online work?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Freelance work while on a worker's permit

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:12 pm

KefkieTeapot wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:05 am
Is it possible to do online work while in possession of an employee/worker's permit?
If not, do I have to obtain a self-employed permit when I want to solely earn through online work?
Depends on the company form you wish to use. For example, worker permit for LLCs and self-employed for sole traders.

KefkieTeapot

Post by KefkieTeapot » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:28 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:12 pm
KefkieTeapot wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:05 am
Depends on the company form you wish to use. For example, worker permit for LLCs and self-employed for sole traders.
Thanks. I have been reading through migri.fi's requirements, and I don't/can't understand how they differ. I want to work on my own online, and most likely be employed by a foreign company abroad as an ESL tutor. Do you have any more information such as funds requirement to be self-employed, and other tidbits? I would deeply appreciate any help. Thank you.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:22 pm

Is your work permit restricted to any particular field? It would say right on it.