Vapo Group is a conglomerate that operates in Finland, Sweden and Estonia. It focuses on growing and recycling, the production of solid fuels, heating, electricity and steam as well as the provision of various energy solutions. The Group also develops new products from peat and other natural materials.
Vapo Group reorganised its operations effective from 1 May 2018. As before, the Group’s parent company is Vapo Oy, but the Group’s operations are now managed under a divisional structure instead of country-specific companies. The structural reforms did not affect the company’s legal structure. The structural reforms saw the Group’s business operations divided into the Energy division, the Grow & Care division and the New Businesses division. Shared services used by all three business divisions, such as peat production in various countries, logistics services and procurement, are provided by a separate Supply Chain Management function. In addition, the Group’s parent company is responsible for producing Group services, such as finance, ICT, communication, HR and legal services, for the Group’s various parts.
Vapo Group's SCM is responsible for the strategic development and operational management of end to end supply chain (incl. sourcing & procurement, production, logistics) and environment, quality and safety management within the VAPO group in Finland, Sweden and Estonia. SCM aims at creating best value in the industry through best-in class supply chain management capability and performance. Customer centricity throughout the SCM organization and effective collaboration with internal and external customers, with Divisions and other functions and with partners in logistics and production are key success factors. The SCM function employs over 200 professionals.
We are now looking for a Logistics Director to Vapo Group's SCM.
Role reports to Vapo Group's Chief Supply Chain Officer (CSCO) and is a member of SCM Management Team. Logistics Director works also in deep collaboration with Vapo Group's business division and other teams in SCM function. Your location can be in Vantaa or Jyväskylä.
Logistics Director's main responsibility is to lead and develop international logistics in Vapo Group:
Strategic responsibilities: (over 12 months)
• Is responsible of development and execution of new Vapo Group's logistics strategy and long-term goals (incl. transport, warehousing, distribution
• Is responsible of relationship management with logistic service providers
• Is responsible to recognizing and maximizing Vapo Group synergies in logistics, developing and implementing logistics best practices and logistics solutions (incl. digitalization and automation in the logistics chain) throughout Vapo Group
Tactical responsibilities: (1-12 months)
• Is responsible of budgeting and annual planning of logistics activities in Vapo Group
• Is responsible of management of annual / quarterly negotiations with logistics service providers (incl. contract management)
• Is responsible of logistics (transport, warehousing, distribution) capacity planning including seasonal planning (additional capacity etc.) in Vapo Group
Operational responsibilities: (0-4 weeks)
• Is responsible of follow-up and support operative teams as needed
• Route scheduling
• Transport booking, delivery documentation etc.
• Ensures close and effective collaboration with all Vapo group Divisions and other teams in SCM
• Develops and manages effective reporting (KPI and scorecard) and analytics of logistics performance and activities
• Act as a process owner for logistics processes to ensure effective development of processes and systems and related IT support in line with strategic and operative needs
• Enables and supports people and their development by excellent leadership
• Ensures that Vapo Group's personnel have high level logistics competencies and knowhow
To be successful in the role, following skills and expertise are required / beneficial:
• Typical level of education: Master degree from economics, industrial management or technology e.g. M.Sc. (Tech)
• Fluent both verbal and in writing in English language and other company language (Finnish / Swedish / Estonian)
• App. 5 years relevant professional experience from similar manager level role
• Deep understanding how to successfully lead logistics in value creation manner
• Dynamic and open-minded mindset and uptodate knowledge to possibilities of ICT in Logistics (incl. optimization and digitalization in the end to end logistics chain)
• Delivery focus: result orientation and execution skills
• Excellent leadership and managerial skills
• Effective networking and collaboration in matrix organization
More information about the open position will be given by assisting Recruitment Consultant Mervi Puupponen tel. 050 3268000 or Kristiina Vormala tel. 040 8374019 (preferably on Thursdays between 13-14.)
Please fill in your application here no later than 17th of May 2018.
To apply: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/ ... f5d150fc95
Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
1 post • Page 1 of 1