Anyone applied and approved for Entrepreneurial (Self-employed) Permit or Start Up Permit?

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Bookcase

Anyone applied and approved for Entrepreneurial (Self-employed) Permit or Start Up Permit?

Post by Bookcase » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:38 am

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here. Thanks for reading. :)

Does anyone have first hand experience of applying for or being approved for a Self-employed permit (now called Entrepreneurial permit) or the new Start up Permit?

Can you tell me how long it took for approval, maybe what kind of business you were approved for... did they need extra documentation... how did you find the experience?

I am a non-EU (Australian citizen) who wants to move to live and work in Finland to continue learning the language and culture.

I have been researching for months on the best visa to apply for. I practise the language daily, both by myself and interacting with Finnish people. I know and understand around 2000 Suomenkieliset sanat, although I need to learn a lot more grammar.

All advice or insight greatly appreciated. :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

biryvih

Re: Anyone applied and approved for Entrepreneurial (Self-employed) Permit or Start Up Permit?

Post by biryvih » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:31 am

Hi,

I believe it can take from 4 to 8 months. You would need 2 decisions, one from Economic Development (I think so) and the next one would be from the Migri. But you submit your papers only to Migri and they do the whole thing by themselves.

Umm You would have to register the business, prepare a business plan, a financial plan, than get the YEL etc. There are couple of steps you need to take before applying for Self-Employed permit. I believe you already have to be living in Finland, before applying for this permit. Because when you will have to go and register your business, you need to have Henkilötunnus..

Sooo (I hope someone can correct me if I am wrong) You probably need to be here in order to start the business. So I can be wrong, but I think it might not be possible to apply your first permit on the basis of "self-Employment" from outside of Finland..

Anyway, I hope I didn't confuse things for you. Good luck and stuff.