Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Manager, Safety to join our team in UPM Pietarsaari Pulp Mill.
UPM is one of the world's leading producers of northern softwood, birch and eucalyptus pulp. We supply global customers in end use segments such as tissue, specialty and packaging as well as printing and writing papers, and board, through our own sales and technical service network close to customers. UPM Pulp operates four modern pulp mills, three in Finland and one in Uruguay, as well as eucalyptus plantations in Uruguay. UPM Pulp employs approximately 1,600 people. Annual pulp production capacity is 3.7 million tonnes. Pulp Business is part of the UPM Biorefining Business Area. www.upmpulp.com
Greetings from your future manager
“This is a good opportunity to join UPM Pulp Finland Operations team, which is committed to safety as a value concept. In this position you have great opportunity to work with professionals to develop and implement world class safety culture in an aiming higher environment” –Simon Fagerudd
What you’ll do
• Be responsible for management of Pulp Mill operations Health & Safety (HS/OHS) programs, in line with UPM requirements, to achieve continuous improvement in HS performance
• Advise and support managers and employees on HS matters
• Verify compliance with HS regulations as well as company policies, procedures and standards for Pietarsaari Pulp operations
• Identify, develop and implement proactive action to improve safety performance
• Responsible for management of the local HS auditing program and development of the local OHS Management System
• Build and develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to collaborate for achieving common HS goals
• Participate in UPM OHS network and creating world class safety for UPM
In this position you will report to General Manager of Pietarsaari Pulp Mill
Who you are
• You have a bachelor or master degree preferably in safety, environmental science, engineering, or other technical or scientific field
• You have relevant work experience from manufacturing environment and previous line organization experience
• You have previous manager experience, strong leadership skills and ability to implement and boost change
• You are committed to achieving results and have strong personal drive
• You have good verbal and written communications skills in English and Finnish. Swedish are considered as an asset
This is what we offer for you
• Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
• Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
• Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
• Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For further information, please contact Simon Fagerudd +358405852718.
Apply here: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/ ... 6fca3c5eb1
Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
UPM is looking for a Safety Manager in Pietarsaari
- Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic