Career coaching

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
winsiebunny

Career coaching

Post by winsiebunny » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:49 am

I have been umemployed since the beginning of this year. I have been seeking actively employment opportunities. I registered at te office as a job seeker. Knowing that I am skilled with languages and experienced in sales and customer service, my contact person (whom i never met in person) at te office still decided that i need a career coach and forwarded me to a career coach service. I have lived in Finland for 8 years and i am unemployed for the first time and this is also the first time i am trying to use the te service. Honestly, i had my hopes high for the career coach thing in the beginning. I really hoped maybe this professional service is going to provide me with some insight into the job market in Finland that i have not learned during my eight years here and some clearer guidance to my career path. However, i am getting depressed out of this. all i wanted is to have a job, or even an internship to stay active and improve my skills during job hunting instead of having someone to talk about nothing with me for an hour every two weeks. Yes, my so-called career coach did helped me revised my Finnish resume a bit. But i really don’t understand how he managed to put things that can be done within one session into 5 and still asking te office to grant him more sessions with me. I told him my idea of applying for an unpaid internship cuz i applied for so many jobs but haven’t got any responses yet. but he told me that was a bad idea. Then i talked with my contact person at te office that i want to stay active and have something to work on instead of only being coached, implying that i don’t need any career coaching sessions anymore. Then my career coach said he will try to find a job for me using his own connections on condition that i continue the coaching sessions with him. Dude, the sessions have been going on for two months and half and now you say that ? !!!

Well, it is depressing to be unemployeed. And job hunting comes with frustrations, that doesn’t mean i should stop trying. But i just dont get why this career coaching service is effective or useful.

Career coaching

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic