Tax return on capitol loss

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
investment

Post by investment » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:24 am

Hello All

Could you please help me with the tax return filing? If I post in the wrong category, please move it to the right one

I am about to file a tax return for 2018. I lost about 3K in buying and selling stocks ( more than 5-6 different companies). When I access the vero.fi/mytax, I cannot see the deduction for the capitol loss. Do we have to file it in a paper? if we can do it electronically, where can i see the form ? because it does not show any capitol gain/loss when I access mytax

Best Regard

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Tax return on capitol loss

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:13 am

At least the stock brokers operating in Finland report the gains/loss directly to the tax office. The deductions from any loss is made from capital gains of the same year and next five years. Couldn't find a version in English; https://www.vero.fi/syventavat-vero-ohj ... ppiot_lu4/

investment

Re: Tax return on capital loss

Post by investment » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:49 am

Thanks for your reply

That means I do not need to do anything with my tax return. Will my broker (Nordea) submit the statement to Vero ? I thought we have to manually submit the gain/loss to vero

Please advise. I am a bit confused

BR

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Tax return on capital loss

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:01 am

investment wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:49 am
Thanks for your reply

That means I do not need to do anything with my tax return. Will my broker (Nordea) submit the statement to Vero ? I thought we have to manually submit the gain/loss to vero

Please advise. I am a bit confused

BR
See what's in your suggested taxation, if there's something missing, then you need to amend it. Personally I never have had to enter capital gains/losses, everything has been in place already.