Working for relatives

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Vahid8080

Working for relatives

Post by Vahid8080 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:09 am

My sister is a VR expert in a Finnish company and I am PhD student in energy. My sister has an idea to combine virtual reality and energy saving in building. It is not her company task.it is her business idea. She wants to use her saving and in future some funds as well for this idea.

She wants to do a market research and product design.
She offers me to hire me, pay me salary to do this job for her for about one year.

I am thinking to register a TMI and work for her. I am just wondering MIGRI accepts this case as a job for me ?
Since my sister hires and pays me. If I want to get my citizenship based on this business, would be ok or I should not mention it at all?

Do you know any experts/lawyer for this case?

Thanks in advance

Working for relatives

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Working for relatives

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:45 pm

Vahid8080 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:09 am
My sister is a VR expert in a Finnish company and I am PhD student in energy. My sister has an idea to combine virtual reality and energy saving in building. It is not her company task.it is her business idea. She wants to use her saving and in future some funds as well for this idea.

She wants to do a market research and product design.
She offers me to hire me, pay me salary to do this job for her for about one year.

I am thinking to register a TMI and work for her. I am just wondering MIGRI accepts this case as a job for me ?
If you register a TMI you do not work for her (at least for the purposes of employment law), you sell services to her. It's also possible to enter into an employment contract with her which is easier for dealing with Migri. She is then responsible for the duties of an employer like withholding taxes.
Vahid8080 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:09 am
Since my sister hires and pays me. If I want to get my citizenship based on this business, would be ok or I should not mention it at all?
You need to declare how you have supported yourself so if you do not declare your income, you would have problems with your citizenship application.

Vahid8080

Post by Vahid8080 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:05 pm

Appreciated, good info.
Do you know if there are any consulting service about this issue ?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:15 pm

Vahid8080 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:05 pm
Appreciated, good info.
Do you know if there are any consulting service about this issue ?
Contact accounting firms or immigration lawyers in your area depending on the issue.