the unemployment fund when quitting the job because of sickness.

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
nguyenhongson21

Post by nguyenhongson21 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:00 pm

Hi,
I want to ask about the unemployment fund when quitting the job because of sickness.

I have been in sick-leave for almost 4 weeks. It seems my health problem will need a long time to heal. The doctor will give me a medical certificate to qualify for sickness allowance. However, I don't want to receive support from Kela (sick allowance) and have planned to quit my job for a long time.

So, If I terminate my job's contract now because of the sickness, then receive the unemployment fund from my union.

- Do I receive the unemployment fund without the punishment period (90 days )for quitting job?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: the unemployment fund when quitting the job because of sickness.

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:37 am

nguyenhongson21 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:00 pm
I have been in sick-leave for almost 4 weeks. It seems my health problem will need a long time to heal. The doctor will give me a medical certificate to qualify for sickness allowance. However, I don't want to receive support from Kela (sick allowance)
A large part of the money for union unemployment allowance also comes from Kela.
nguyenhongson21 wrote:
So, If I terminate my job's contract now because of the sickness, then receive the unemployment fund from my union.
Unemployment benefits are for jobseekers.
When you are unemployed and too sick for working you will receive sickness allowance instead of unemployment benefits.
nguyenhongson21 wrote:
- Do I receive the unemployment fund without the punishment period (90 days )for quitting job?
For the employment office it is best when you have a job to continue working the first day you are healthy again.
Ask your union for advice if health problems are making it impossible to work in the job afterwards.
Financially it is likely best if you stay in your job.