Salary calculation for restaurant jobs

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Tarja2905

Post by Tarja2905 » Sat May 30, 2020 11:15 am

Hi everyone,

I have read PAM and TES for restaurant jobs but I am still unclear about how salary is calculated for Sundays and "pyhäpäivä" for part time workers.

I am working part time in the kitchen. When I work on Sundays and holiday days (ie. Vappu or Helatorstai), will I also receive double salary for those hours? Is this regulation automatically applied for all Sunday and holiday hours according to the law, or depending on the contract in different companies? Or is this law only applied for full time workers?

Thank you very much!!1

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

RafTor

Re: Salary calculation for restaurant jobs

Post by RafTor » Sat May 30, 2020 11:58 am

Tarja2905 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:15 am
Hi everyone,

I have read PAM and TES for restaurant jobs but I am still unclear about how salary is calculated for Sundays and "pyhäpäivä" for part time workers.

I am working part time in the kitchen. When I work on Sundays and holiday days (ie. Vappu or Helatorstai), will I also receive double salary for those hours? Is this regulation automatically applied for all Sunday and holiday hours according to the law, or depending on the contract in different companies? Or is this law only applied for full time workers?

Thank you very much!!1
You should get double pay, and extras, on Sundays and other holidays. Just like full time workers.

Tarja2905

Re: Salary calculation for restaurant jobs

Post by Tarja2905 » Sat May 30, 2020 4:13 pm

RafTor wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:58 am

You should get double pay, and extras, on Sundays and other holidays. Just like full time workers.
Thank you :thumbsup: :P