Need some confirmation

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Manpreet kaur

Need some confirmation

Post by Manpreet kaur » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:41 am

Hi,
I have applied for residence permit for a self employed person. I will be working as a cook in a restaurant.
I have a question - what should be minimum salary paid by my employer to get me visa.? Mine has mentioned 2000 euro per month - is it sufficient.?

What is must have minimum salary according to year 2020 rules ?
I am a bit concerned as someone told me that it should be minimum 2100 euro....please guide me ..effort to provide any kind of information will be appreciated!

Thanks and regards

Need some confirmation

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Need some confirmation

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:30 am

Manpreet kaur wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:41 am
I have applied for residence permit for a self employed person. I will be working as a cook in a restaurant.
I have a question - what should be minimum salary paid by my employer to get me visa.?
Did you apply as entrepreneur (self employed), or did you apply as employee?
Manpreet kaur wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:41 am
Mine has mentioned 2000 euro per month - is it sufficient.?
It depends on how many years of work experience you have, this is either barely above the minimum or below the minimum salary for an employee.
Also note that sufficient salary does not guarantee that the Residence Permit will be granted, there is a check whether the job could be done by an unemployed person instead.

Rules for self-employment are completely different.

Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:32 pm

I have applied as an employee... My basic question is whether this much salary could become the reason of my rejection or not... Kindly guide

Thanks and regards..

rinso

Post by rinso » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:58 pm

Manpreet kaur wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:32 pm
I have applied as an employee... My basic question is whether this much salary could become the reason of my rejection or not... Kindly guide

Thanks and regards..
Secure means of support through gainful employment
If you apply for a residence permit for full-time gainful employment, your salary must at least correspond to the salary specified in the collective agreement that applies to your employment relationship.

If there is no collective agreement in your sector, your gross salary must be at least EUR 1,236 per month in 2020. This sum meets the condition regarding previous employment (in Finnish: ‘työssäoloehto’) under the Unemployment Security Act.
If you figure out your collective agreement you'll know.

If the salary is not the problem, you have to pass the; partial decision from an Employment and Economic Development Office.
As Finlandgirl stated, it is a check if there are enough unemployed people in Finland (or the EU) to do the job.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:26 pm

Manpreet kaur wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:32 pm
I have applied as an employee... My basic question is whether this much salary could become the reason of my rejection or not...
The minimum salary in the collective agreement depends on the work experience.
For a junior cook with no experience this is above the minimum salary.
For a cook with more than 10 years experience this is below the minimum salary.

Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:50 am

Thank you so much everyone