Social Announcements

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:15 am

I'll be out from my Finnish course at around 19.45. I'll send you an SMS for your whereabouts at that time, Francis, is that ok?

Tony, are you coming along?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Caroline

Post by Caroline » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:41 am

Even though it seems like the majority of . members are in the Helsinki area and Turku, it would be nice to arrange some club picnics or indoor parties elsewhere in Finland so that 1. members who haven't travelled locally much can get to know other towns and cities and 2. to make it easier for members living elsewhere to participate. Tampere? Jyväskylä? Kuopio? Oulu? Rovaniemi? Joensuu?....
Former expat in Finland, now living in New Hampshire USA.

Sara

Post by Sara » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:45 am

Caroline, most of the smaller events are just arranged by someone letting everyone know they are off to the pub.

Perhaps you could start a thread to see who is about in your area? I seem to remember there might be one or two people up your way :D

meenfreem

Post by meenfreem » Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:59 pm

oooooh... BEER, cold refreshing beer... life IS good

Juha H.

Post by Juha H. » Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:30 pm

I second Sara's suggestion. Caroline, I live in the Jyväskylä area. Someone in Ilmajoki already told me he was interested in gettogethers, but I doubt, if there are enough people outside big towns.

Jyväskylä is full of foreigners because of the university, but they should know of . first.

aspiala

pint o' beer?

Post by aspiala » Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:27 am

Ok, that's it. I keep missing when and where to meet--if some of you are going to go out for a beer at some point in the Helsinki center, send me an sms--I may or may not be able to join you just then, but at least I'll have the chance... :) My # is 040-567-6296.

--Tina