Help!!!

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
Sash

Help!!!

Post by Sash » Fri May 28, 2004 9:26 pm

Hello,
I'm sort of new here and in Finland, i pseak awful Finnish welli suppose it's not that bad but Steph's been teaching me to speak more fluently!Well she said (Suksi) if i came on here you'd probably be able to help me out, she said you guys were good for advice :!: Only she's always on tour with Johannes and his band or doing music and she recently moved in with him in his home in Lauttasarri and my 3 other friends and I live in Myllypuro because we have friends there but i can't rely on Steph to help me speak Finnish all the time and to be honest i dont want to!I feel awkward around her when she talks all fast and foreign around me to our mates in Finland well anyway as much as i love her and value her help she isn't here 24/7 is there any other ways i could learn in Helsinki :?: she (Suksi) did say that with me using Finnish alot in Helsinki now that i would pick it up quickly is this true :?:

Thankyou for your time

Sash

Help!!!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Sat May 29, 2004 12:19 pm

What sort of help do you want with Finnish language..
There are lots of books and lots of links in this section.
Also there is the on line school.
http://www.finnishschool.com/
Your "friend" Suksi is obviously helping you already..I see she even lets you use her PC..(while she is on tour with her BF)..
You wonder how I know that..?
Well it is via technical abilty that I have to check what is called members IP address..and you and Suksi are using the same one.
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/I/IP_address.html

daive

Post by daive » Sat May 29, 2004 1:29 pm

PeterF wrote:What sort of help do you want with Finnish language..
There are lots of books and lots of links in this section.
Also there is the on line school.
http://www.finnishschool.com/
Your "friend" Suksi is obviously helping you already..I see she even lets you use her PC..(while she is on tour with her BF)..
You wonder how I know that..?
Well it is via technical abilty that I have to check what is called members IP address..and you and Suksi are using the same one.
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/I/IP_address.html
What's your point Peter, is it illegal to share computers all of a sudden?

boO_fi

Post by boO_fi » Sat May 29, 2004 1:39 pm

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BUSTED

puppetry is lame.
b0 selecta!

dusty_bin

Post by dusty_bin » Sat May 29, 2004 1:43 pm

Don't jump to conclusions, I let my friends borrow my computer as well. Play nice... :D

daive

Post by daive » Sat May 29, 2004 1:43 pm

boO_fi wrote:OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BUSTED

puppetry is lame.
Guilty until proven innocent. The cops take their positions, the marksmen lie still on the roofs, adjusting position to take count for wind. <radio crackles> ... Remember boys, shoot first, ask questions later! :twisted:

dusty_bin

Post by dusty_bin » Sat May 29, 2004 1:44 pm

daive wrote:Remember boys, shoot first, ask questions later! :twisted:
Do they ask questions 'slater' because they are on the roof? (on the roof slates)

BAT

Post by BAT » Sat May 29, 2004 1:45 pm

Maybe people wouldn't be so paranoid if people didn't write from multiple accounts and make dummy threads to play jokes. This happens periodically on here, unfortunately...

daive

Post by daive » Sat May 29, 2004 1:47 pm

dusty_bin wrote:
daive wrote:Remember boys, shoot first, ask questions later! :twisted:
Do they ask questions 'slater' because they are on the roof? (on the roof slates)
I think someone should get 'slated' for having a worse sense of humour than me! Well spotted, I am proud of ya Dusty! :lol:

disty_bon

Post by disty_bon » Sat May 29, 2004 1:51 pm

BAT wrote:Maybe people wouldn't be so paranoid if people didn't write from multiple accounts and make dummy threads to play jokes. This happens periodically on here, unfortunately...
Who would do such a thing?

Bad people, Ban them I say!

BAT

Post by BAT » Sat May 29, 2004 1:52 pm

He he he :D

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Sat May 29, 2004 2:20 pm

daive and dusty...as a committe member of IEASF I see it as one of my resposiblities to try and keep this board runing in a sensible, an adult, and polite manner. I dont think you will find many, or even any, occasions where I have been heavy handed with anyone. I get many many PMs from members "telling me" what I should or not do with "so and so silly posts!´" as also do others members who are recognised as committee members.
It is a thank-less task...do what I am asked to do...that is wrong to some members..dont do it.. and it is wrong for others.

If you would care to check all post by Suksi and Sash you will see why I made my comment.

By the way there will be elections later this year for the . committee ...I will not be standing for re-election. If either of you are accountants . will be looking for a new treasurer.

dusty_bin

Post by dusty_bin » Sat May 29, 2004 2:31 pm

Bloody hell Peter, do want us to help you get your toys back in the pram?

As Tom & Jerry noted the other day, we seem to have reached a point where we need to announce the start or end of a joke or irony...Please note the post from disty_bon as evidence of the direction from which I was coming.

Bring on the bloody emoticons for both irony and humour in order to help the humour impaired.
BTW, thats why in the post about cruise ship visitors, I made a specific point of signalling that I was serious.

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Sat May 29, 2004 2:45 pm

dusty_bin wrote:Bloody hell Peter, do want us to help you get your toys back in the pram?

Hej..my decision about standing for re-election was made some time ago..nothing to do with any thing posted on this board..it is simply ..I am not an accountant and . Ry now needs a pro treasurer...
By the way can you also edit your post on the cruise ship thread to remove reference by name to my wife employers..that as you might guess could get me a reprimand from her..I never said which hotel this happened in.( you know only by way of our friendship).and as you will see I did state. The ´"rude" member of staff was reprimanded.
Last edited by PeterF on Sat May 29, 2004 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Suksi

Post by Suksi » Sat May 29, 2004 2:46 pm

ok fair enough right we are in Stockholm together but whats wrong with her using my computer?Oh he's not my BF as of yesterday he's my fiance!
God people think i'm childish :lol: loads of peoples use my computer, i didn't realise it was a crime!Why your all treating her like this i don't know, god she even made the effort to be polite to you all :!: I understand why you do that to me but not my friend :!: :evil:
It's your crossword puzzle you work it out!