Can you evaluate/correct my writing ?

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
JormaOikarinen

Post by JormaOikarinen » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:00 pm

Hei ! Some days ago i visited tori.fi because i need to buy some products , had to send a message to the seller , got no answer .. so i am not sure if my grammar was horrible and the person didnt understand my message or was already sold. Here is a copy&paste of my message :
Moi! Minun nimeni on Julian , juuri nyt olen asun espanjassa , haluun
osta sinun Motorola Microtac matkapuhelin , voisitko lähettää Suomesta?
(Anteeksi , en puhun hyvin suomea)
Any suggestion ?

Image Image Image

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Can you evaluate/correct my writing ?

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:37 pm

Oh yeah, many mistakes.

If you're trying to say:
Hey, my name is Julian, I'd like to buy your Motorala Microtac phone. I currently reside in Spain, would it be possible to have it shipped from Finland? I don't speak very good Finnish, I apologize
This is is more like it
Moi! Nimeni on Julian, haluaisin ostaa sinun Motorola Microtac puhelimesi. Asun tällä hetkellä Espanjassa, onnistuisiko lähetys Suomesta? En puhu suomea kovin hyvin, pahoitteluni.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:52 pm

JormaOikarinen wrote:Hei ! Some days ago i visited tori.fi because i need to buy some products , had to send a message to the seller , got no answer .. so i am not sure if my grammar was horrible and the person didnt understand my message or was already sold. Here is a copy&paste of my message :
Most likely they understood the point. However, I would say only a very small minority of sellers is willing the entertain the thought of shipping abroad. Grammar mistakes enforce the perception that the sender is scammer. It's quite a common scam to contact sellers and ask them to pay to an "escrow" account in order to safely ship abroad.

JormaOikarinen

Post by JormaOikarinen » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:50 am

True .. these kind of shops are plenty of scams and traps and my request to the seller looks like that .. seems like ebay is the best choice while residing outside Finland :|
Image Image Image