SupiSuomea YLE Language course

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
gavin

Post by gavin » Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:49 pm

http://www.yle.fi/opinportti/supisuomea/

Above is the link that accompanies the new YLE Finnish language course SupiSuomea.

This week (YLE1 12.00, Sunday) was the introduction and overview, and it looks like it could be a very interesting course for many people here.

I had a quick look about the website, and it also looks like there are a lot of usefull resources there, including on-line excercises.

My problem is that I've learned 'living' Finnish (using the pick-it-up as I go along method), so my sawmill and wood technology vocabuluary is probably better than most foreigners :wink:

I suppose it's time to knucke down and learn the rules. I'm not much one for rules, but going back to basics (in language terms) is probably the best way for me to try and beat all the bad habbits out of my Finnish...

Cheers
Gavin

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Donald

Re: SupiSuomea YLE Language course

Post by Donald » Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:00 pm

gavin wrote:http://www.yle.fi/opinportti/supisuomea/

Above is the link that accompanies the new YLE Finnish language course SupiSuomea.

This week (YLE1 12.00, Sunday) was the introduction and overview, and it looks like it could be a very interesting course for many people here.

I had a quick look about the website, and it also looks like there are a lot of usefull resources there, including on-line excercises.

My problem is that I've learned 'living' Finnish (using the pick-it-up as I go along method), so my sawmill and wood technology vocabuluary is probably better than most foreigners :wink:

I suppose it's time to knucke down and learn the rules. I'm not much one for rules, but going back to basics (in language terms) is probably the best way for me to try and beat all the bad habbits out of my Finnish...

Cheers
Gavin
Hey Gavin,

Finally starting my Finnish course Tuesday for 50 hours in Seinäjoki. I am really looking forward to it. My colleagues at my school show me no mercy up here....the school's Finnish teacher said I will be her new project. I will be looking at this course on Sundays for added support. :wink:

Kemars

Post by Kemars » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:02 am

Hey everyone!..

I wanted to know if anyone here has the time and the means (patients) to tape these shows on Sundays at noon (or just set the vcr to tape from noon to whatever time they are over with) for me for the rest of this month? (just 3 more times)

the reason being is that I will be away from Finland for the entire month of September come thursday and really wanted to check these programs out big time. Any volunteers? I will be back on Oct 1st, so I can take over on taping the shows that coming sunday and I wil be happy to reimburse any costs for vhs video tape (or just borrow it to tape on one full tape once I get the other VCR back from the shop when I return) and will be happy to buy a few drinks for the effort in taping the shows for me. :wink:

Any volunteers that can help me out here? :D
(please let me know asap as I leave for the states on Thursday Morning)
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Niall Shaky

Post by Niall Shaky » Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:21 pm

Before the show today they said that the whole series will be available to buy, on VHS, in the new year.