Anyone knows which airlines offer cheap flight to Munich???

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Poupe

Post by Poupe » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:25 pm

Hei
i really want to visit my friend in Munich..
i heard ryan air flies to Frankfurt and Hamburg...can get cheap flights maybe 50 E. but i heard it leaves from Tampere not Helsinki?

anyone can tell me?

thank you

PouPe S.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:29 pm

Yes, but they don't fly Helsinki-Hamburg but rather Tampere-Stockholm, Stockholm-London, London- Munich...

I'd ask around STA travel, they usually have deals.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

brumlee

Post by brumlee » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:46 pm

Yeah i agree . Forget Ryan air . They will take you half way round Europe then back again before leaving you hundreds of miles from where your supposed to be going. Also check with Kilroy(if your a youngster).

dusty_bin

Post by dusty_bin » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:10 pm

If you don't mind booking through an Estonian travel agency then try http://www.estravel.ee. I have used them before, it is the local Amex travel office.

Anyway, I don't know when you want to travel, but excluding taxes, they have flights from Tallinn, return fare on Finnair for about 120Euro. If you wwant to fly from Helsinki, they can do that too, the price for that is 390Euro, with KLM. These are probably code share flights, possibly with Estonian Air, I did not bother to check.

If I were you, I would be on the boat to Tallinn for those prices... The airport is a three Euro taxi ride from the port...

I was going to use them for a flight to the UK but DUO, ex Maersk, start up from the UK soon and they have a worthwhile outward leg to Birmingham which matches with a return on Ryanair from Stanstead to fit in my rello visiting needs.

Althoough good, I would not recommend Ryanair for your journey as you would have to travel through their UK hub, making a long journey. Cheap flights are almost always best done along a spoke. Same as the Helsinki transport system, great for going int and out of twon, but blows chunks for a cross town trip.

Kemars

Post by Kemars » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:07 am

Check every Tuesday morning on http://www.Finnair.fi as you can get cheap flights + miles to certain destinations...and as well as calling the airlines directly and ask them if there are any inexpensive flights to your destination...by law, they have to state them if you ask as they record the phone conversation.
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

kultary

Post by kultary » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:41 am

[quote="Hank W."]Yes, but they don't fly Helsinki-Hamburg but rather Tampere-Stockholm, Stockholm-London, London- Munich...

I'd ask around STA travel, they usually have deals.[/quote]

actually, Ryan Air is now flying directly from Tampere to London. So, it will save at least one leg. One problem is that Ryan Air is not a "connecting" airline, so they will not guarantee you make your next flight (and they are often late).

-Ryan

Motu

Post by Motu » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:25 am

Try vbird.com - it is a Dutch airline. I will try them at Christmas.
If you dont believe you can win every match you play, it's not worth getting out of bed at the end of the day.

Gary Neville

dusty_bin

Post by dusty_bin » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:47 am

Given that RyanAir is flying to its hub, it is not a good bet. Also, they arrive in the mid evening, after most onward flights have left, especially from Stansted which handles mainly charters and cheapy flights. Onward to Munich will probably mean either, or both, an airport change and an overnight stay. There are plenty of direct or almost direct flights, you just need a travel agent that publishes their best ticket prices, rare in Finland... Hence recommending http://www.estravel.ee.

BTW RyanAir are not direct until the 30th November, until then it is a right old pain in the arse!

tgabawm

Post by tgabawm » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:50 pm

My answer can seems weird but check the special offers at those Stockman Crazy days.... I just finally bought my return ticket to Paris for 210 euros.. Quite fair price isn't ?

Nathan Lillie

Post by Nathan Lillie » Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:26 pm

Finnair has lots of good deals right now - nothing like 50 euros though. To Germany, they were offering Frankfurt, Berlin or Hamburg for 160 round trip, last I asked. The trip must be from 3 - 7 days long though.

There was a documentary on Swedish Finnish TV last night about safety problems on Finncomm airlines, one of the cheapo airlines. Pilots are forced to fly double shifts and flight attendants aren't trained in safety proceedures.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:35 pm

Motu wrote:Try vbird.com - it is a Dutch airline. I will try them at Christmas.

Right, Motu! Vbird's the place to be. Single ticket to Munich 79 euros. Return ticket 158. Beat that.
I just hope that they're a lot better than (SL)EasyJet. That was crap! :evil: