More doubts about D vit supplements

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
sammy

Post by sammy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:59 pm

efx wrote:E ?
Well, you know... if you first take vitamin E, then the secret ingredient X, then vitamin A and then finally say Mmm, that was healthy... what would the Doctor say about that? What would be the result? :wink:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

efx

Post by efx » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:03 pm

sammy wrote:
efx wrote:E ?
Well, you know... if you first take vitamin E, then the secret ingredient X, then vitamin A and then finally say Mmm, that was healthy... what would the Doctor say about that? What would be the result? :wink:
:lol:
fighting with hatred feeds the rich men

Naf9

Post by Naf9 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:35 am

About vit. D: it makes a lot of sense about the sunlight. I guess slightly fewer darkskinned people lived this far north in ancient times anyway.
Henriette
We will not know unless we begin...

efx

Post by efx » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:23 pm

Naf9 wrote::lol:
About vit. D: it makes a lot of sense about the sunlight. I guess slightly fewer darkskinned people lived this far north in ancient times anyway.
I'm not sure if europe was inhabited in (very) ancient times :roll:

sammy

Post by sammy » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:32 pm

efx wrote:
Naf9 wrote::lol:
This reminds me that in very ancient times, so the legend tells, a reckless guy who just had received his driver's licence borrowed his father's chariot a little - and, as the youngsters of today in similarly silly pursuits, wreaked havoc all round. It made some people's blood boil and that's why they turned darker skinned.

The guy was called Phaeton. I guess he drove into a speed bump or something when speeding over Finland, as us natives are generally rather fair-skinned. :lol:

efx

Post by efx » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:38 pm

Naf9

Post by Naf9 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:58 pm

efx wrote:

If "ancient" is the time of the Greek Goods - then yes, Europe was inhabited... :roll:
Henriette
We will not know unless we begin...