I would like to find friends in Jyväskyla..

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
mytzike

Post by mytzike » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:05 pm

And only Friends....I'm so bored to sitting in home. :( .Please help me or give me some good advice...how can I get myself a friends in here..Thank You! :D

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

sammy

Post by sammy » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:56 pm

The truth is that - it's quite unlikely that anyone will come and fetch you from your room, so you just need to go out a bit. Pub? Maybe. But there are also libraries, hobbies, and so on... this isn't much of an advice but still, there you have it :wink: There are quite a few students in Jyväskylä from all over the world, and besides you'd be very unlucky indeed if you came across Finnish students who didn't speak English. Are you studying there, or...?

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:18 pm

sammy wrote:But there are also libraries
sssshhhh!
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

sinikettu

Post by sinikettu » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:28 pm

Few things on today...
http://www3.jkl.fi/tapahtumat/main.php?lang=_eng

When ever I have been in Jyväskylä I have found lots of "things/people" in the area along by the boating places...A boat trip is what I would recommend..try and make conversation with others on the boat...they cant run away.
People do not become more irritable as they grow old - they simply stop making the effort to avoid annoying others.

sammy

Post by sammy » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:33 pm

sinikettu wrote:A boat trip is what I would recommend..try and make conversation with others on the boat...they cant run away.
A cracking idea. Actually I just was on such a Päijänne trip last Saturday! It takes about 3 hours from the Jyväskylä harbour. M/S Suomi I think it was called. You can dine there, too. Nice scenery, especially if the weather's good - and as Sinikettu said, those shy Finns can't escape :lol: That particular cruise left at 19.00 but I think they have several per day. Take your camera with you! There's a bar on the ship too so I wouldn't be too surprised if the Finns were a bit more talkative after downing a few drinks :)

mytzike

Post by mytzike » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:04 pm

sammy wrote: Are you studying there, or...?
ää..most of my family lives here...and I go to school in estonia...i'm here in summers and winters:) BUt soon I'll come to live here too:)

Zeroth

Post by Zeroth » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:41 pm

I found university cafeteria a good place to start random conversation with other people. Just don't eat like you haven't had any food in 3 weeks.

Sn0bunni24

I would like to find friends in Jyväskylä..

Post by Sn0bunni24 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:57 pm

Hei,

Just a confidence booster... Finns are shy and sometimes will keep to themselves! My friend is actually from Jyväskylä, and it took a while for us to click. Give it some time, and you'll find that Finns aren't so bad. When I'm with a Finn, I always enjoy their company.