Gay-life in Finland

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
chickensexer

Post by chickensexer » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:59 pm

enk wrote:Chicken: just ask yourself why so many Bible-abiding "Christians"
eat pork and seafood yet condemn homosexuality.

-enk
err.. sorry, didn't get it. What does pork have to do with homosexuality? beside, imo it's better to eat pork than beef. And seafood is just the king-size diamond in god's food creation.

No, really, why would I ask anyone (let alone myself) such thing?
Last edited by chickensexer on Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

EP

Post by EP » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:03 pm

Has Bible condemned pork and seafood? That is new to me.

About parents kicking their gay kids out – no, I have not heard of that happening. I have a friend who has a very macho husband and a gay son. She said that when the son told them, her husband only raised his eyebrows a little and said:"Well, you shocked me more when you told that you are quitting TKK and start some feather-headed studies at the university."

Another gay guy is from deep country Savo, and has just a father and three brothers who all still live there. They all were surprised and the father said:"Oh well, you are the first one I have met, so I suppose they really exist".

Matula

Post by Matula » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:04 pm

enk wrote:One of the things that shocked me the most when my Finnish friends said that their family wouldn't kick them out of the house for
not being het, which some of my friends in the States were suffering
from.

It does depend quite a bit on where you're at in Finland though...

-enk
Parents don't usually kick out their children in Finland unless they've done something really bad (like killed someone). The American "When you're 18, you're out!" -mentality is totally strange here.
chickensexer wrote:
Matula wrote:According to the Bible, homosexuality is a sin,
But then how about this:

I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women.

and the rest of David + Jonathan romance?
I don't know. Is that in the Old Testament?

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:06 pm

EP wrote:Has Bible condemned pork and seafood?
Hö!

11:3 Kaikkia nelijalkaisia eläimiä, joilla on kokonansa halkinaiset sorkat ja jotka märehtivät, te saatte syödä.
11:4 Näitä älkää kuitenkaan syökö niistä, jotka märehtivät, ja niistä, joilla on sorkat: kamelia, joka kyllä märehtii, mutta jolla ei ole sorkkia: se olkoon teille saastainen;
11:5 tamaania, joka kyllä märehtii, mutta jolla ei ole sorkkia: se olkoon teille saastainen;
11:6 jänistä, joka kyllä märehtii, mutta jolla ei ole sorkkia: se olkoon teille saastainen;
11:7 sikaa, jolla tosin on kokonansa halkinaiset sorkat, mutta joka ei märehdi: se olkoon teille saastainen.
11:8 Näiden lihaa älkää syökö ja näiden raatoihin älkää koskeko, ne olkoot teille saastaiset.
11:9 Näitä te saatte syödä kaikista vesieläimistä: kaikkia, joilla on evät ja suomukset ja jotka elävät vedessä, niin hyvin merissä kuin joissa, te saatte syödä.
11:10 Mutta kaikista niistä, joita vedet vilisevät, kaikista elollisista, jotka elävät vedessä, inhotkaa kaikkia niitä, joilla ei ole eviä eikä suomuksia, elivätpä merissä tai joissa.
11:11 Niitä inhotkaa; niiden lihaa älkää syökö, ja niiden raadot inhottakoot teitä.
11:12 Kaikkia niitä vesieläimiä, joilla ei ole eviä eikä suomuksia, inhotkaa.

[....]

18:22 Älä makaa miehenpuolen kanssa, niinkuin naisen kanssa maataan; se on kauhistus.
20:13 Jos joku makaa miehenpuolen kanssa, niinkuin naisen kanssa maataan, tekevät he molemmat kauhistuksen; heidät rangaistakoon kuolemalla, he ovat verivelan alaiset.

Thats 3rd Moses "Leviticus". So if you ban homosexuality according to Leviticus then why do you not abide by all the rest of the rules :twisted:
Last edited by Hank W. on Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

enk

Post by enk » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:17 pm

sinikettu

Post by sinikettu » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:36 pm

"'You shall not lie with a man, as with a woman.” – Lev 18:22. is right there next to "'neither shall there come upon on you a garment made of two kinds of material.” Lev.19:19.
It’s up there with the rule that anything from the sea without fins must not be eaten.
So off with those nylon nickers if there is elastic holding them up... :roll:

Like many rules..Those in the bible are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

That thing at the end of its body is in my book a Tail Fin.
Last edited by sinikettu on Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
People do not become more irritable as they grow old - they simply stop making the effort to avoid annoying others.

chickensexer

Post by chickensexer » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:39 pm

Matula, yes it is in the OT, Samuel, I think.

Hank and enk, I know, I know about the Leviticus but then in the New Testament, remember, peter had a dream where sort a of a huge sack came down to him on earth and the sack was filled with ALL KINDS OF CREATURES. And thundering voice from heaven said "Voila, slaughter and eat!" Adn peter gets kind of nsulted, and started arguing that he's a righteous Jew and has never eaten any "loathesome" foods nore he was intending on breaking that habit. And this suggestion/rejection of creatures happend 3 times IIRC. And after the third time the voice said "Eat, for pit's sake! What God now considers clean thou shalt not be picky about"

I won't bet on precision of the quotes but something of that sort.
The American "When you're 18, you're out!" -mentality is totally strange here.
hei, they still give some options! Like a familiy i used to know pretty well (preacher's, by the way), the mother said to their only son some time before graduation from high school: "After that you are either moving out OR going to military OR I start charging you rent".

They agreed on rent.

littlefrank

Post by littlefrank » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:45 pm

'That thing at the end of its body is in my book a Tail Fin.'

And it's a prawn again christian. :D
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
- Popular Mechanics, 1949

llewellyn

Post by llewellyn » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:49 pm

chickensexer wrote:Matula, yes it is in the OT, Samuel, I think.

Hank and enk, I know, I know about the Leviticus but then in the New Testament, remember, peter had a dream where sort a of a huge sack came down to him on earth and the sack was filled with ALL KINDS OF CREATURES. And thundering voice from heaven said "Voila, slaughter and eat!" Adn peter gets kind of nsulted, and started arguing that he's a righteous Jew and has never eaten any "loathesome" foods nore he was intending on breaking that habit. And this suggestion/rejection of creatures happend 3 times IIRC. And after the third time the voice said "Eat, for pit's sake! What God now considers clean thou shalt not be picky about"
That's kind of suspiciously handy... Didn't the Mormon God "reveal" to the Church in the 1970's that it is ok after all to take African American members? I'm sure the prevailing human social conditions had nothing to do with it.

enk

Post by enk » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:23 pm

llewellyn wrote:
chickensexer wrote:Matula, yes it is in the OT, Samuel, I think.

That's kind of suspiciously handy... Didn't the Mormon God "reveal" to the Church in the 1970's that it is ok after all to take African American members? I'm sure the prevailing human social conditions had nothing to do with it.
Sounds mighty like a trial of Job to me though. Maybe that's why the
world's going to hell in a handbasket!

-enk

chickensexer

Post by chickensexer » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:45 pm

I'm not sure about Mormons or 1970 or whatever. I mostly use King's James version.

llewellyn

Post by llewellyn » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:36 am

chickensexer wrote:I'm not sure about Mormons or 1970 or whatever. I mostly use King's James version.
Yeah, I think that's the one - timewise - that was so freshly used to justify burning witches and heretics. Strange how readings change when the society progresses.

chickensexer

Post by chickensexer » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:20 pm

llewellyn wrote:
chickensexer wrote:I'm not sure about Mormons or 1970 or whatever. I mostly use King's James version.
Yeah, I think that's the one - timewise - that was so freshly used to justify burning witches and heretics. Strange how readings change when the society progresses.
Id substitute justify by administer and readings by writings aka scriptures. :wink:

KaiPhung

Re: Gay-life in Finland

Post by KaiPhung » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:08 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Kai. I'm a gay male Asian student, 23 years old and planned to move to Finland in August 2020 for studying. I don't have any acquaintances or friends in Finland at the moment, so it would be my honor to get to know more friends in this country, especially those who belong to LGBTQ community, and help me know more about this country, Finnish culture and practice Finnish language with me if possible. I would be much obliged. :D

If you want to get to know me more, please feel free to inbox me. I would reply as much as possible.

Thank you all so much. Have a nice day you guys.