Seems to be jobs going in architecture...

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Cod

Post by Cod » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:41 am

..just a note to say that there seems to a shortage of architect minded folk...we just took on new staff with zippo Finnish language skills..and their view is also that there seems to be work out there..

but don't forget, architecture is one of the first to get hit by a downturn in an economy so don't hedge your bets on anything long-term...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

shrecher

Re: Seems to be jobs going in architecture...

Post by shrecher » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:03 pm

cow-heada wrote: but don't forget, architecture is one of the first to get hit by a downturn in an economy so don't hedge your bets on anything long-term...
What job is a downturn proof?

Cod

Post by Cod » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:57 pm

Amway Cosmetics.

had a sureal meeting with some salesmen who flew into Kuala Lumpur when the rest of us were flying out.

They were looking forward to more bumper sales.. :evil:

But seriously, in the '98 SE Asia crash I fielded 8 phonecalls over 3 days and by Thursday I was out of a job.

If I was selling trucks, fitting fire extinguisher systems or painting opera back-drops - that probably wouldn't happen that quickly.

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:45 pm

I think Amway does toilet cleaner and floor polish not lipstick and mascara (that's Avon) :wink:

Good question though... which jobs are recession proof? Accounting is probably one since however big or small the numbers are they still need to been counted, reported and audited.

edit:
Nope... you're right and I'm wrong. They have more than $1billion turnover from their Artistry range of cosmetics. Blimey.

simon

Post by simon » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:37 pm

penelope wrote: Good question though... which jobs are recession proof? Accounting is probably one since however big or small the numbers are they still need to been counted, reported and audited.
Debt collection :wink: probably do better with a recession.

cwcnow

Post by cwcnow » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:45 pm

I know a Bankruptcy Attorney who says that business is really good during a recession as well...