Oppisopimuskoulutus

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Eledi

Oppisopimuskoulutus

Post by Eledi » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:05 pm

what does "OPPISOPIMUSKOULUTUS" really mean? i saw some add for Lähihoitaja courses/work and i am interested, i called and they asked me few questions in finnish and later said my language skills are ok, i can apply and try to get in. I understood that you have theory classes sometimes and you are working(as work experience), but also as a job,,and you get sallary too....so, its like you are a student and also a worker? i am a bit mixed up, could someone please make a direct translation of the word for me and try to clarify how it will be,,,i am so interested, looks like Nursing is my only HOPE here,,,,,,,

Oppisopimuskoulutus

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

sammy

Post by sammy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:11 pm

It's "apprenticeship training". There's some info in English here.

There are regional centres where you can ask, their contacts can be found on this page: http://www.oppisopimus.net/html/yhteystiedot.html (seems to be only in Finnish, that http://www.oppisopimus.net site...)

Eledi

thanks

Post by Eledi » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:17 pm

Hello,
thank you very much, you are so kind.
Kiitos

Eledi

Post by Eledi » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:46 pm

i read the info,now i get the point much better,,but one more thing: from other peoples experiences, or from what you know/have heard.....is it a good way of learning?? or let me put it this way..is it an easier way of getting employment,,as i have struggled with my Business degree for a while, and now have thought about changing field to nursing,,could it be easier way for me.......cos, i need to survive at the sametime(need euros!!!), i mean if i can get to study,work and earn something sametime,,and as a foreigner in this country,,,is it advisable to go through this way, what are the positive and negatives sides of it..
thanks in advance!