Europe Blue Card

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Eledi

Europe Blue Card

Post by Eledi » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:15 pm

the most ridiculous/embarrasing and dissapointing day of my "JOB SEARCHING" life in Finland. I am sure most (if not all) of you have heard about it, the European Commission is happy to announce their funny but somehow precious plan for the EBC......I mean, we are here, crying everyday for work, we have degrees and some of us have much experience and language skills too....we don't get work, and the countries are all struggling with the unemployment issue.
Someone sleeps a goodnight, wakes up, goes to the EC meeting and discusses from his very mouth,,about bringing skilled people from outside Europe.I mean..hey, PLEASE! use us around here and later you can add the rest of the missing number of workers from outside......
what do you guys think???

Europe Blue Card

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

raamv

Post by raamv » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:05 pm

Every EU country is in need of skilled workers..and this is a good idea if they are able to tackle the "language" and "culture" problem..
You re feeling the ground realities here and so I do understand your situation..but then This blue card ll take some time in reality..so its just wait and see..
If it goes through..then its actually good for the EU as Integration will be a necessity or else, internationalization will be compulsory...Either way..its good for the EU!!

raamv

Post by raamv » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:07 pm

BTW; there is another thread here too and so I ll repond there from now on:
bb/viewtopic.php?t=26374

fuegobeard

Post by fuegobeard » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:09 pm

I think its one more way to find work in Europe. Just cause your in Europe doesnt mean you cant apply....theres always ways around things.

flyingyellowpig

Post by flyingyellowpig » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:12 am

I agreed with Eledi,you can't fix your problems @ home bring more home.I think they should to give job to who is in here,then after bring more people.Also the problem too is the birth rate in Europe is too low.If they would do something about it,it will not give headache later.
Other thing is those EU politics doesn't see or think that in Finland many factories are closing,so who will help those unemployed in here? :evil:
I hate those politics,they don't have a vision of anything,just want to create laws w/o knowing and studying the concequences.
A men without knowledges of his past and history.It's like a tree without branches.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:19 am

fuegobeard wrote:Just cause your in Europe doesnt mean you cant apply....theres always ways around things.
Which is exactly why then these pighole-searchers make life more difficult for normal people. Look at the abuse of the asylum-seeker process. Look how it takes 3-4 months for a working man to get his wife over, because the process is so clogged while they triple-check its not some human trafficking scheme. Look now how students cannot get the student permit as the system is clogged with frivolous applications as means to enter for working wasting the taxpayers money. These kind of "ways around" people really deserve to be put live in a council flat next to drunk skinheads.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:24 am

flyingyellowpig wrote:Also the problem too is the birth rate in Europe is too low.If they would do something about it,it will not give headache later.
The problem is the headache before ;)
Cheers, Hank W.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:26 am

flyingyellowpig wrote:in Finland many factories are closing,so who will help those unemployed in here?
Hey there is a "shortage of workers".... (who speak fluent Finnish and work for peanuts) :twisted:
Cheers, Hank W.

fuegobeard

Post by fuegobeard » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:35 pm

Hank W. wrote:
fuegobeard wrote:Just cause your in Europe doesnt mean you cant apply....theres always ways around things.
Which is exactly why then these pighole-searchers make life more difficult for normal people. Look at the abuse of the asylum-seeker process. Look how it takes 3-4 months for a working man to get his wife over, because the process is so clogged while they triple-check its not some human trafficking scheme. Look now how students cannot get the student permit as the system is clogged with frivolous applications as means to enter for working wasting the taxpayers money. These kind of "ways around" people really deserve to be put live in a council flat next to drunk skinheads.
Everybody justs wants a piece of the Finnish dream....

Simmer down sharpstone.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:45 am

fuegobeard wrote: Everybody justs wants a piece of the Finnish dream....
Oh, you just wait until next year when Estonia joins Schengen, and Tallinn will come colorful overnight. Look at the scrutiny at the big hubs. Finland is the remote point stepping stone to EU, entrance to the Schengen=France,Germany, Belgium... who the heck wants to *stay* here?
Cheers, Hank W.