coming and studing to finland

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
ramin

Post by ramin » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:21 pm

Hi every body
Iam iranian citizen graduated from university of Bukarest RO general medicine MD,married ,my wife is physician too,i have one kid 8years old.
in viwe of the fact we are very interested coming to Finland ,i think only way that i and my family can come to Finland is student viza.For us it's not important in which field we take admissiom from university because it's alone way for us.Can everyone take admission for us in every university in Finland(not only medicine ) in lecentiate's degree in every field.I am able to pay money as much as to propose to me.I heve contacted myself with several universities in several times but i can't any answer.
sincerely yours
Ramin Alimi

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

sammy

Post by sammy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:36 pm

Hi,

I'm afraid that universities are not interested in admitting anyone on the grounds like "I just want to study something". Sorry if this sounds a bit blunt, but university is for those who are interested in studying, not for those who consider it as a way of "getting into" some country or another. Most important of all, money as such does not get you anywhere as regards admittance. You will need financing if you come to Finland, but you can not 'buy' a study placement.

Admission to the degree programmes, both undergraduate and after that, is fairly selective so no-one (not even us Finns!) can be sure of gaining admission. These things may take time.

Now, if you are genuinely interested in continuing your studies in Finland, and wish to be admitted, I would advise you to focus on things that GENUINELY interest you, and continue with your search. You already have a degree - maybe you should try and find and contact those medical departments that might be interested in accepting you as a post-grad student or researcher - not an easy task perhaps, but... if you excuse me for saying so, you seem not to be very motivated to actually study, so perhaps, just perhaps, it's no wonder that you haven't had any replies.

Anyway. As for admissions, there's no central or joint application system for post-grad students so you just need to be in contact with the universities that interest you.

I wish you (and your family) success, whatever you decide to do :thumbsup:

angelface

Re: coming and studing to finland

Post by angelface » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:07 pm

ramin wrote:Hi every body
Iam iranian citizen graduated from university of Bukarest RO general medicine MD,married ,my wife is physician too,i have one kid 8years old.
in viwe of the fact we are very interested coming to Finland ,i think only way that i and my family can come to Finland is student viza.For us it's not important in which field we take admissiom from university because it's alone way for us.Can everyone take admission for us in every university in Finland(not only medicine ) in lecentiate's degree in every field.I am able to pay money as much as to propose to me.I heve contacted myself with several universities in several times but i can't any answer.
sincerely yours
Ramin Alimi
I agree with sammy...having money is not a guarrantee of being accepted here in Finland. I have no money but fortunately I've been accepted here in the University.

I suggest you take up those master's degree programme for foreigners.

Goodluck