Phone numbers - directory enquiry

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:07 pm

(Search engine was sooooo slow I gave up. Have to go out, in a hurry so, sorry if this has been asked before - I think it probably has)

Question: If I have a phone number (Helsinki) can I find the name and address of the caller in a database somewhere??? It's a fixed line, not a mobile number.

I had a weird call about midnight last night, the person spoke no English at all and eventually hung up. Now normally I would think nothing of it BUT the person knew my first and last name. Very strange. Most of the people who know me and have my phone number are already in my contacts list (and most speak some English or French). And I can't think of many people who would call me at midnight.... unless it was something very urgent.

Thx.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Juha H.

Post by Juha H. » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:03 pm

At least those of us who have an Elisa Internet connection can have informtion on phone numbers on the very first page under "Numerohaku".

http://www.elisa.net/

raamv

Post by raamv » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:20 pm

karel

Post by karel » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:17 am

Send a text message to 16400 with FIND and the number.
That works with Sonera subscriptions. I don't know if it also does with other providers.

Doesn't work if the number's a prepaid or a secret number.

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:12 pm

http://henkilot.eniro.fi/

You need to register with the service (I think there's a one time 25 cent fee) or send me a PM :-)