Intrest and rent

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
shrecher

Intrest and rent

Post by shrecher » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:41 am

Does anyone know can I write-off interest paid on housing loan if I rent out this house?

Intrest and rent

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

raamv

Re: Intrest and rent

Post by raamv » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:07 pm

shrecher wrote:Does anyone know can I write-off interest paid on housing loan if I rent out this house?
your interest is tax deductible upto 3400 Euros per year ( 28 %capital gains outta 5000). If you "rent" that house, you will be "earning" Euros on that rent and so is taxable along with your earned income.

shrecher

Post by shrecher » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:37 pm

raamv wrote:If you "rent" that house, you will be "earning" Euros on that rent and so is taxable along with your earned income.
yep, I know it, 28% tax on capital gained income.

but will vero.fi count my taxable earnings as: rent - interest?

"rent" is something what I get from tenant and "interest" is paid to bank for mortgage of the rented house.

raamv

Post by raamv » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:42 pm

shrecher wrote:
raamv wrote:If you "rent" that house, you will be "earning" Euros on that rent and so is taxable along with your earned income.
yep, I know it, 28% tax on capital gained income.

but will vero.fi count my taxable earnings as: rent - interest?

"rent" is something what I get from tenant and "interest" is paid to bank for mortgage of the rented house.
The Rent that you get is calculated as capital income and so yes!!
This is added to the Normal income to calculate your tax which you pay asap and your refund gets postponed by a year!!
:roll: :wink:

Mook

Post by Mook » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:03 am

shrecher wrote:Does anyone know can I write-off interest paid on housing loan if I rent out this house?
The tax you'll pay is 28% of (rent - interest on all loans - yhtiövastike on the rented propery - other costs for renting)

The 3400 Euros that Raamv writes about is really only 1400 Euros (+400 Euros/child) and only applies to loans for the home that you live in.
---
Image http://blog.enogastronomist.com | http://blog.enogastronomisti.com

debonaire

Post by debonaire » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:50 pm

Mook wrote:
The tax you'll pay is 28% of (rent - interest on all loans - yhtiövastike on the rented propery - other costs for renting)

The 3400 Euros that Raamv writes about is really only 1400 Euros (+400 Euros/child) and only applies to loans for the home that you live in.
Spot on...Cyrstal clear and perfectly correct

Mook

Post by Mook » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:42 pm

So, now you have to buy, say, an yksiö in kallio for maybe 120 000 Euros.

Rent:
- 550 / month
- Yhtiövastike migth be 100 Euros/month

So, 450 Euros/month might pay for a loan of 100 000 Euros.

And we don't worry about housing bubbles since all banks let you arrange loans with fixed monthly payments - as interest rates go up, the repayment time grows.

Also, I heard about one bank offereing 50 year loans for people doing the buy-to-let thingy...
Last edited by Mook on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
Image http://blog.enogastronomist.com | http://blog.enogastronomisti.com

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:46 pm

And don't be scared to negotiate the price.... if the apartment has been on the market for a while put in an offer UNDER the asking price. A lot of properties are over-priced initially and sit on the estate agents' books for months.

debonaire

Post by debonaire » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:37 am

penelope wrote:And don't be scared to negotiate the price.... if the apartment has been on the market for a while put in an offer UNDER the asking price. A lot of properties are over-priced initially and sit on the estate agents' books for months.
Yah thats correct...I had been following the property prices for a while before i decided to buy one for ourselves...I managed to get 10k off on the house I purchased...could have got a little more but the agent was adamant and my wife liked it a lot...
Within a period of 2 months that i had been searching for a house,i noticed the prices falling by atleast 10% from the initial price...

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:47 am

And the FINAL selling price of a property is not published on oikotie.fi (or anywhere else as far as I know) so no one knows (except the estate agent) how much the price was pushed down before it was sold. One of our neighbours had their house on the market for over 6 months - the price hardly moved at all on oikotie.fi - before they sold it, but I have no idea how much it finally went for.

It would be nice to see some stats : initial asking price / transaction price

OTOH some agents like Igglo prefer to put properties on the market at a rock-bottom price and sell quickly.

DMC

Post by DMC » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:39 am

> OTOH some agents like Igglo prefer to put properties on the market at a rock-bottom price and sell quickly.

Have you read Freakonomics? One section in the book analyses house price data to prove that agents under-price most homes compared with how they price their own homes. Not Finnish info of course, but I see no reason why Finnish agents should act any differently.

debonaire

Post by debonaire » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:27 am

penelope wrote:And the FINAL selling price of a property is not published on oikotie.fi (or anywhere else as far as I know) so no one knows (except the estate agent) how much the price was pushed down before it was sold. One of our neighbours had their house on the market for over 6 months - the price hardly moved at all on oikotie.fi - before they sold it, but I have no idea how much it finally went for.

It would be nice to see some stats : initial asking price / transaction price.
You can check the final selling price at http://asuntojen.hintatiedot.fi/haku
...Its a little vague though as it doesn't say anything about the date of transaction....

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:43 pm

or the address of the property, not even the road.

debonaire

Post by debonaire » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:17 pm

I guess you wouldn't be able to get such direct information in Finland..
I just looked at the locations within the city where I was interested in buying a house...It gave me a vague idea how much people have been paying for similar houses