need advice and help

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
nedo

need advice and help

Post by nedo » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:01 pm

hello all
I have got technical schools of commerce diploma 2002 and I want find any Courses open to all in this winter 2008 this year and I live in egypt now I want get Course to agree (with) my diploma schools please any body know and have any information advice me and I will be grateful and respect
note: I have been visited sites for education in finland and I dont know what convenient to my certificate and my situation please advice me
thanks a lot

Break the ice.
lie has no legs.
dont exceed your limits.
think pink,think blue

need advice and help

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

nedo

Post by nedo » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:48 pm

please any body have any idea tell me as fast
that incredible nobody have any idea or advice
Break the ice.
lie has no legs.
dont exceed your limits.
think pink,think blue

sammy

Post by sammy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:04 am

Hello,

Well I presume you have seen and read through the following sites

http://www.admissions.fi (Universities of Applied Sciences)
http://www.universityadmissions.fi (Universities)
http://www.studyinfinland.fi (general info on Finnish higher education etc)

You should perhaps note that, if we talk about degree studies... I'm presuming that by the term "course" you mean "degree programme"... there are strictly speaking no courses "open to all" - meaning that you'll need to apply for a placement, you can't just "register" to become a student.

We do have a thing called open university in Finland (ie unversity studies that anyone can take, they're not available 'for free' but aren't hugely expensive either), HOWEVER unless you're already going to move to Finland for some other reason than studying the Open University is not really an option, since the open university studies do not as such lead to a degree - they're not full-time studies and would therefore not make you eligible to apply for a student residence permit. About visas and permits, btw, see the http://www.uvi.fi site (under "Students") So, in short, those studies would mainly be available for those who are already residing in Finland.

See: http://www.avoinyliopisto.fi/en-GB/

That said, I suppose you'd need to decide for yourself what sort of degree programmes would interest you - see the above sites - and then apply accordingly. It is quite probably much too late to find anything that would available before Sept 2008 (ie the academic year 2008-2009) so now you'll need to pay close attention to the approaching application periods.

PS have a look at this site as well... http://www.opintoluotsi.fi/en-GB/

nedo

Post by nedo » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:54 am

my dear sammy thanks a lot and I respect and appreciate you and your advice and I will surf all sites and tell you for give me advice
thanks
Break the ice.
lie has no legs.
dont exceed your limits.
think pink,think blue

angelface

Post by angelface » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:44 pm

nedo wrote:please any body have any idea tell me as fast
that incredible nobody have any idea or advice
Hi Nedo,

I'm in the same situation as you are months ago and now Im here already in Finland taking my master's degree...

Firstly, you need to check the university which offers programme for international students since not all schools here have programmes taught in english.

After that, check the admission requirements, mostly they require english proficiency test since the medium of teaching will be in english. But you can ask directly the degree coordinator.

After you will be accepted in the university. Check the requirements for entering Finland. By the way, you need the admission letter from the university to apply for the student residence permit...check the immigration webpage. :lol:

goodluck.

nedo

Post by nedo » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:27 am

thanks for all but please any ones know program now for registration for this winter please let me know and tell me as fast please do not let me down its my dream
Break the ice.
lie has no legs.
dont exceed your limits.
think pink,think blue

sammy

Post by sammy » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:38 am

nedo wrote:thanks for all but please any ones know program now for registration for this winter please let me know and tell me as fast please do not let me down its my dream
What if there aren't any? How can anybody here give you advice on a possibility that most probably does not exist? As said I do not think it is possible for you to apply for studies for this year anymore. You're well past the application deadlines, unfortunately.

Remember that you can't just "register" to become a student. You need to apply along with the rest of the prospective students, and possibly also pass an entrance examination (depends, but it is still a longish process). There are no shortcuts.

You might actually wish to have even a cursory look at the links that were posted for you before (above). Surfing the sites is not enough, you'll also need to read the information therein :wink: On those pages you'll find info on the applications for the academic year 2008-2009.

If it's your dream, you will need to go through a bit of trouble to achieve it so please do try and get familiar with the information we already have provided you with. Then if you're persistent, why not ask the university/polytechnic of your choice yourself whether it still would be possible for you to apply for this year? We can't do that for you.

nedo

Post by nedo » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:25 am

sammy wrote:
nedo wrote:thanks for all but please any ones know program now for registration for this winter please let me know and tell me as fast please do not let me down its my dream
What if there aren't any? How can anybody here give you advice on a possibility that most probably does not exist? As said I do not think it is possible for you to apply for studies for this year anymore. You're well past the application deadlines, unfortunately.

Remember that you can't just "register" to become a student. You need to apply along with the rest of the prospective students, and possibly also pass an entrance examination (depends, but it is still a longish process). There are no shortcuts.

You might actually wish to have even a cursory look at the links that were posted for you before (above). Surfing the sites is not enough, you'll also need to read the information therein :wink: On those pages you'll find info on the applications for the academic year 2008-2009.

If it's your dream, you will need to go through a bit of trouble to achieve it so please do try and get familiar with the information we already have provided you with. Then if you're persistent, why not ask the university/polytechnic of your choice yourself whether it still would be possible for you to apply for this year? We can't do that for you.
thanks a lot sammy
I respect and appreciate you I like your frankly and Im very frank with you and you direct and I like this when people direct with me and I try now and any good news I will tell for all people give me hand and help
I hope happy life for you
Break the ice.
lie has no legs.
dont exceed your limits.
think pink,think blue

nedo

Post by nedo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:45 am

please any body can help me please do not let me dwon for its my dream
Break the ice.
lie has no legs.
dont exceed your limits.
think pink,think blue

mCowboy

Post by mCowboy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:10 am

nedo wrote:please any body can help me please do not let me dwon for its my dream
Sammy wrote:
Get in there...