Invitation to interview

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
Alejandro_Lorenzo

Invitation to interview

Post by Alejandro_Lorenzo » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:13 pm

Heidi Asplund wrote:Hei,

I’m writing an article about English and how it spreads around the world. It talks about how English is being changed by the influence of the non-native speakers. So I need 2 or 3 non-native English speakers for an informal interview.

We would meet in Tampere this Friday July 27th to talk about that, how English is now a days.

The point is also to talk English in different ways, being the most important to be understood. We will record the interview on video.

I have already one British and one Spanish so I need 2 or 3 more. Would be the best to gather men and women, and from completely different countries; the more different the better.

If you are interested send a mail a.s.a.p. to [email protected] with your name, where you are from, and your telephone number. Remeber that the interview should be done this week Friday early afternoon.

Best regards

Heidi Asplund
Aamulehti

--
Kind regards:

Alejandro Lorenzo
Life's uncertain, eat your dessert first

Invitation to interview

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

jen

Post by jen » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:02 pm

I remember I once had a job painting windows with a group of non native english speakers. After a week I was saying "the up part" and "the down part" instead of the top and the bottom.

Jaikkanen

Post by Jaikkanen » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:23 am

jen wrote:I remember I once had a job painting windows with a group of non native english speakers. After a week I was saying "the up part" and "the down part" instead of the top and the bottom.
I know what you mean, doesn't take long for such things to effect your english. Infact I have lived here in finland for 7 months, and already my english pronouncing has been watered down into a strange mix.. australian english mixed with american influenced finnish pronouncing. Not to mention you start expressing yourself the same way they do. As you said.. "the up part" x) Even more so speaking a weird finglish of sorts, mixing the 2 languages. Perhaps more common amoung students of finnish. Bound to happen aswell when you get a finnish partner like i did.

Desundial

Post by Desundial » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:16 pm

I know what you mean. I find myself dropping my articles quite a bit - even in print. It just seems so much more efficient!

Muddy Zuk

Post by Muddy Zuk » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:01 am

When i went home last my friends all asked me when i had been in america, and god dam my english has degraded badly as well with some weird and wonderfull things creeping in. but sursing in Finnish is a boon as no one at home nats an eyelid
ImageIf its muddy, Can I drive it?

littlefrank

Post by littlefrank » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:19 am

'and god dam my english has degraded badly as well'

'sursing' 'dam' I see your point. But my prediction of eventually speaking very bad english and Finnish is one of my predictions that seems to be progressing well.
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
- Popular Mechanics, 1949

Naskali

Post by Naskali » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:26 pm

i speak fluent english and good finnish. i noticed that when i speak english to my finnish friends i say it with a finnish ish acent. i dont know if it is because i think they will understand it better that way or what...

Ngally

euros???

Post by Ngally » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:02 pm

will u pay people to put their faces and voices into Video?if the answer is yes,,then i'm in
piece of advice:why not gather those foreigners who drop newspapers on people's home at night? most of them are aamulehti employees and u can talk them into the interviews very easily i guess..

kunkenid

Re: Invitation to interview

Post by kunkenid » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:20 am

PLease if u still have a job placement available in jyvaskyla. i wont mind if you can contact me. i school there and i want a job,