Ban from driving!!

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
nidhal

Ban from driving!!

Post by nidhal » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:35 am

H
Last edited by nidhal on Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ban from driving!!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Jukka Aho

Re: Ban from driving!!

Post by Jukka Aho » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:03 am

nidhal wrote:I could never understand this stupid rules everything with limit bla bla ...

Finland: 1 — Nidhal: 0

Thanks for playing.  :|
znark

CH

Post by CH » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:16 am

nidhal wrote:I could never understand this stupid rules everything with limit bla bla ...
:shock: Um... in that case it would perhaps be better to leave the driver's license at the police station.

onkko

Post by onkko » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:13 am

nidhal wrote:i felt sh t because i just change my German driving licence to Finnish one! and is it possible if i ask back my Germany one after the ban time? thx
An how that helps? they take your german licence like finnish one. Only difference is you get your german licence back when you leave country but that doesnt mean youre allowed to drive in finland.
Im not sure how it goes with eu area card but out of eu you get your original licence back when you leave country.
And dont worry, police will tell you soon how long ban is. Theyre only who knows.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

Karhunkoski

Post by Karhunkoski » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:26 am

nidhal wrote: I could never understand this stupid rules everything with limit bla bla ...

If you're too stupid to understand why there are these rules, then you should find another country to live in.
Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

rinso

Post by rinso » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:54 am

max speed is 80km/h but i was driving 124km/h
I know countries where they confiscate your car for such an speed violation.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:12 am

nidhal wrote:and is it possible if i ask back my Germany one after the ban time?
yes it is possible - but irrelevant - but a blind person without a licence has been banned from driving so its not the license that entitles you to drive.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Cod

Post by Cod » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:28 am

..you really need to get this speed thing out of your system

I can highly recommend hiring a taxi say, from one side of Sumatra to the other - thats a good eight hours of near death experiences.

Or maybe take a taxi (sitting in the passenger seat - not in the back) from somewhere like Adan in Yemen to the wilds east of Sana. That'll pack you pants.

Or maybe just sit, and look at this website for an hour or two - and ask yourself - are you feeling lucky (let alone the girl you made a paraplegic) http://www.wreckedexotics.com/

Petra1701

Post by Petra1701 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:45 am

My sympathies! I do understand your position - for a good driver some of the speed limits here in Finland are a bit of bad joke!
But, 44km/h over is really a lot.... :?

Anyway, to answer your question: no, you can´t get the German license back in this case.
The only way to get it back is to move back to Germany, register there and then order a replacement.

AND...should you be caught driving in Finland with a foreign license while being banned here, you´re in deep trouble. :ohno:

rinso

Post by rinso » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:02 am

for a good driver some of the speed limits here in Finland are a bit of bad joke!
Problem is; there are also bad drivers on the road. No matter how good you are, one mistake from someone else makes a 124 km/h driving car into a lethal weapon.
In my opinion, a ban for such an idiot is a proper punishment. And add some weeks of community service in a revalidation centre to it. :twisted:

peteh

Post by peteh » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:59 pm

Nidhal

Viewing your other posts tells me that you are a bit of a car freak. Driving 15/20 ks over the speed limit on say a dry, uncongested highway here isn't gonna get you into no trouble. But nearly 50% over on a useally congested Keha III is asking for trouble. What were you thinking? If you like to drive fast do yourself and others a favour - there are plenty of race circuits about where you pay a price to thrash around there for an hour or so (no speed limits :wink: :twisted: ).
Also why are you in such a hurry? late for class? wake up earlier and leave 15 mins early. That will save you the fine, ban or even yours or someone else's life.

Drive safe.
What's brown and sits on the stage? ..............Showbiz...

EP

Post by EP » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:04 pm

a dry, uncongested highway
Kehä III is never uncongested. I drive it almost every day, and all I can say is that I am very happy that I wasn´t on that road at the same time.

You can drive like that only if you own the road and are alone on it, so it is only your own life you endanger.

raamv

Post by raamv » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:43 pm

nidhal wrote:Hi!
Today was lucky day for me! i was driving in keha 3 usually max speed is 80km/h but i was driving 124km/h so the good worker (Police) stopped me and i got a bill of 132e ( luckely i´m student) and they took my driving licence they say that i have a ban between 1 till 6 months! is any one has idea how long is gonna be the ban time? i felt sh t because i just change my German driving licence to Finnish one! and is it possible if i ask back my Germany one after the ban time? thx ps: I could never understand this stupid rules everything with limit bla bla ...
So did they let you drive back to your place or did they ask you to tow the car?
Since they are suspending your license, it will also go in your records.

Tiwaz

Post by Tiwaz » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:15 am

rinso wrote:
for a good driver some of the speed limits here in Finland are a bit of bad joke!
Problem is; there are also bad drivers on the road. No matter how good you are, one mistake from someone else makes a 124 km/h driving car into a lethal weapon.
In my opinion, a ban for such an idiot is a proper punishment. And add some weeks of community service in a revalidation centre to it. :twisted:
Actually, if you ask people there are no bad drivers.

Everyone is at least above average driver. I bet that is true for Petra too.

I just wonder... If everyone is so bloody great driver... How come we have all these accidents...

jas_rho

Post by jas_rho » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:38 am

In order for you to know how long your ban is, you need to call to the police station and talk with the ylikomisario (Police Captain). He is the one that in the end decides your ban. And I would call asap. Sound really sorry, tell them you understand how stupid it was and if it was your first time I am sure you'll just get a month. The new rule now is that the minimum is 1 month. Not too long ago you could have gotten a week or two. The reason I'd call is that eventually you will get a notice of what the decision was but if you call you will seem more responsible and you can tell them you have learned your lesson.

Actually consider yourself lucky. You are a student so the fine is really low, and you had changed to a finnish license. I was also stupid a little while ago and while I knew I needed to go change my license, I didn't do it. You need to change it before being here 18 months. Otherwise in order to get the license you gotta go take a driving and written test. Anyway, I just left it as one of those things that I will do one of these days. I got pulled over for doing 100 in an 80 zone and because I was driving with a non-Finnish license I was given a 1 year ban and a huge fine. I went in to the police station to talk with the captain face to face and he was really cool and reduced it to 1 month. Just don't drive during that ban time because your car is in their database and if any cops happen to run your plates and see that you have been given a ban they will pull you over to check if its you driving. And cops do randomly check license plates while driving around town.

Just be happy that nothing worse happened like an accident or something and from now on obey the rules, even though here in Finland they can be stupid sometimes.