And some snooker?

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
junot

Post by junot » Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:22 pm

olly wrote:Whats "the *delights* of Bolton"? The Reebok stadium and a pie shop :wink:

interesting i've been in Helsinki for two years, makes a nice change from Manchester :wink: You considering a move yourself?

Strange as it may seem they were fascinated by seeing so many sheep roaming in the fields and they kept asking to go for walks up on the moors, a mile or so from my house :) Are sheep not kept in the same way in Finland, I can't remember having seen too many.

I would quite like the idea of living in Finland although I have no immediate plans to do so. I hope to visit again in January if my friends aren't getting too tired of having me as a guest.

phil_h

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Deman

Post by Deman » Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:30 pm

Are you actually saying that there are no snooker clubs in Helsinki, just bars with a snooker table or two?? :o
I go playing snooker every couple of weeks or so at Aura Biljardi here in Turku, after a five year break. I'm not that good, can manage a break in the mid twenties or so but not yet reached 30. My playing partner had never reached 17 before until last month when he cleared the table - red - pink and colours, reaching 34 :x . And none of them were easy. I've even just bought a cue from ebay.co.uk :D as they're bloody expensive here - €110 :o :shock: :o :shock: :o
As for my hero - the Hurricane 8) 8) 8) . Alex Higgins was the best entertainer in the business. The people's champion. And could have had more than two world championships if it weren't for his own personal problems :evil: and too quick to take shots.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:05 pm

Deman wrote:Are you actually saying that there are no snooker clubs in Helsinki, just bars with a snooker table or two?? :o
I refuse to believe that myself. Haven't really deeply investigated, but I know of only two places here in Hki where there are 'decent' tables. And then I don't mean the one with a vaalea vihreä blanket destroyed by people who can't decently shoot a ball or who think that they can use the table as an ash tray...

Stacey

Post by Stacey » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:20 pm

I don't have Eurosport; don't need it. I've got BBC on a lot when the snooker is on. :)
My favourite players are Ken Doherty, Matthew Stevens, Paul Hunter, Stephen Hendry and Marco Fu. :P
A lot there I know. I've got Matthew Stevens + Paul Hunter's autograph!
(Just go onto http://www.wheelsinmotion.com
Find the player you want and request an autograph and they almost always send one out! :star:
Anyway snooker will be back on TV in late January/Early February! :thumbsup:
A good information site about Snooker is; http://www.worldsnooker.com
Stacey :star: :musical: :rainbow: :moon: :smile: