When are the exam results sent out?

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
imbasit995

Post by imbasit995 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:22 am

When are the exam results or acceptance letters sent out? and what does it mean you get a reserve place?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Lolaa

Re: When are the exam results sent out?

Post by Lolaa » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:34 pm

They'll be out by May 28/29th or June 1st or 2nd. Depending on the university.
reserve places are for students who want to change their 1st option to the other options they choose. they'll be put on reserve for a few weeks in case places become available. Its also for students who didn't pass but who are close to the passing mark. if the accepted students decline to study here, people from the reserve list Will be taken. BUT IN BOTH CASES ITS EXTREMELY RARE TO GET A PLACE. my pal learned that the hard way. universities like Metrapolia don't accept people from the reserve list. they'll tell you to wait then you hear nothing from them in the end. DON'T COUNT ON IT.

Lolaa

Post by Lolaa » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:55 pm

Correction- The reserve place is only for a higher preference degree programme. Meaning, if you were admitted to your 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice, you can be on the reserve place to be admitted for your 1st choice.

revo

Post by revo » Fri May 03, 2013 2:20 pm

If you decide to wait for your higher option, it means you will get out your current option and may someone take your place.. As a bad luck, if you cant get place your higher and you may end up just saying bye bye.. Could be wrong, guess I read it somewhere in the guides. Be careful and read every line loudly, before doing something.
best wishes,
revo.

chilly2908

Post by chilly2908 » Fri May 03, 2013 5:30 pm

I don't think what revo said is true. I've seen an acceptance letter (here: https://sites.google.com/site/itphonefa ... ects=0&d=1 ) and it clearly states the case when you have been accepted to a lower level option (i.e your second, third or fourth choice) and you're also on waiting list for a higher option (let's say 1st for example). Then you can choose to accept the place in the lower one, but also keep yourself on the waiting list. There it says that if you're accepted in the other one (in this case your first -example-) then that will became your study place, and if you're not accepted in that one, then you'll stay with the lower one.

Btw the link leads you to a .rar file. When you download it, you can see examples of the papers needed for enrolling (school acceptance letter... etc.)
Last edited by chilly2908 on Sat May 04, 2013 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lolaa

Post by Lolaa » Fri May 03, 2013 11:22 pm

@chilly2908- Agreed.
For those of you who took IT/Media/Civil or any other engineering exams this year, the minute you get the acceptance letter from your university, please inform us on this forum. Lets keep each other informed!

Good luck y'all!

revo

Post by revo » Sat May 04, 2013 11:17 am

I didnt typed anything refers I m right. Even I wrote there, "I could be wrong".

Anyway, lets check this.

Link:http://www.tamk.fi/cms/tamken.nsf/$all/ ... BA0065895F
Visited date: 04.05.13
Applicant can remain on the waiting list until 13 August 2013. By this date, applicant is either granted reserve place from higher preference option, or is admitted to the lower preference option from where study place was initially offered. Applicants can have only one reserve place on the waiting list. This reserve place cannot be replaced by another on the waiting list.

My last message was an idea for goodness. Even you follow it, you wouldnt end up in wrong destination. But if it was right, you would be sad.
we are at the same positions here who wait for results and beyond.

Sorry for taking long,,
best wishes.

chilly2908

Post by chilly2908 » Mon May 13, 2013 4:48 pm

@Revo: I didn't mean it to be so personal. :(
Sorry...

imbasit995

Post by imbasit995 » Sun May 19, 2013 5:19 pm

What do we receive when the results are sent out, an acceptance letter from one of our choices?

nalvil

Post by nalvil » Sun May 19, 2013 5:58 pm

I hope not, or at least I hope they tell us by e-mail as well, because my invitation letter for the exam came like 4 weeks late thanks to the amazing postal service of my country... My bf got the master acceptance by e-mail, but I don't know how's it done in the bachelor :/

imbasit995

Post by imbasit995 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:09 pm

i know my postal service is !"#¤% too i didnt even get my original invitation letter

Jahman

Post by Jahman » Sun May 19, 2013 11:08 pm

im really sure we will recieve the admissions via mail and then post. cuz i also had my origional invitation 4weeks after enrty test.

Lolaa

Post by Lolaa » Mon May 20, 2013 12:24 am

Universities like Metro. will send you an email notification+Acceptance letter via post office if you ARE ADMITTED.
If you're NOT admitted, they only send you the rejection letter via post office.

Universities like Mikkeli Will send you both email and letter via post office regardless of your status.

8-10 days left people! The dreaded count down begins.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Mon May 20, 2013 12:50 pm

The names are also posted on the university doors, so you can hope someone with google glasses goes and has a look :lol:
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

revo

Post by revo » Mon May 20, 2013 5:27 pm

While submitting your application, if you let them to publish on the website, you can visit directly amk's website for admitted/selected students.

for instance, yesteryear's results.
http://www.oamk.fi/english/ajankohtaist ... 0&id=24005