Waiting time for an appeal

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
cors187

Re: Waiting time for an appeal

Post by cors187 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:09 pm

Merits means permission granted on good evidence.Its kind of identical but less formal.
merits 3rd person singular present, plural of mer·it
Noun
The quality of being particularly good or worthy, esp. so as to deserve praise or reward.
Verb
Deserve or be worthy of (something, esp. reward, punishment, or attention).

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rip

Post by Rip » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:20 am

reindeer wrote:
Rip wrote:
reindeer wrote:There are big differences between the Supreme court and the Supreme administrative court. The former deals with criminal and civil matters while the later deals with administrative stuffs. They are different judicial systems. The leave to appeal is rarely granted for the Supreme court while most of the categories of the cases handled by the Supreme administrative court are not subject to the requirement of leave to appeal. Therefore in most of the cases, we can appeal to the Supreme administrative court.
Leave to appeal is required for decisions made based on the Aliens Act (Section 196 of Aliens Act) while it is not required for decisions based on the Nationality Act (section 42).
So how likely can a case about RP be granted a leave to appeal?

Somewhat over 10% of those that try (if I interpret this correctly).
http://193.166.171.75/Database/StatFin/ ... ikr_fi.asp
(the number of those that even try is quite small)

gure

Post by gure » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi Guys,
I launched an appeal against a decision made on my residence permit request in October 2012.
I was admitted for studies at that time.Since then,am still waiting for a word.I have renewed my admission that i may not loose my study place.My efforts to make a follow up with my country's Finnish Embassy has yielded no fruits.
Refusal came from the fact that i did not submit my sponsor's bank statement when it was required. I later submitted it with the appeal.
Please advice me on the way forward since the money they wanted for my upkeep is still intact,my enrollment for studies is on October 2013 and the decision is not yet out. They told me that i couldn't re-apply for the permit before the decision is out.
Could someone help me please??

GURE:

gure

Post by gure » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:49 pm

Dear Friends,
I have read your posts concerning the appeal waiting time. i must say that your posts are an eye opener. at some point i thought i was all alone in this.
However i still got many questions in my mind, some of which are nagging.
Please tell me if involving a lawyer in the appeal process would be fruitful.
Someone adviced me that in case i should,may be the appeal process would be hastened.
It is now 11 months since i launched an appeal towards refusal of a student residence permit,based on failure to submit my sponsors bank statement.
I will appreciate your inputs!

sandra44

Post by sandra44 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:08 pm

Please i need an answer. is been 16 months now i made an appeal to court base on family ties resident permit. am yet to hear from them. is taking longer than i expect. My lawyer keep saying we should wait it will be out soon but the soon never comes. how long do i still need to wait. my son who was not even born before the appeal was made is more than a year now.

cors187

Post by cors187 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:46 pm

gure wrote:Dear Friends,
I have read your posts concerning the appeal waiting time. i must say that your posts are an eye opener. at some point i thought i was all alone in this.
Someone adviced me that in case i should,may be the appeal process would be hastened.
It is now 11 months since i launched an appeal towards refusal of a student residence permit,based on failure to submit my sponsors bank statement.
I think your appeal status can be based on certain criteria.
So basically they have a merit system that offers genuine cases the ability to be resolved fast.
Your case doesnt appear to have merits.
Your case merits a re-application of a study permit with corresponding details.
Details that were not submitted before the study permit was rejected.

All this info is plastered all over migri web.
Although if your case comes to court you could receive a chance for your old application to be re submitted.
Maybe they made an error in the time your 1st application had before being cancelled, maybe the protocol of asking for addition info wasn't meet.

The

cors187

Post by cors187 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:48 pm

sandra44 wrote:Please i need an answer. is been 16 months now i made an appeal to court base on family ties resident permit. am yet to hear from them. is taking longer than i expect. My lawyer keep saying we should wait it will be out soon but the soon never comes. how long do i still need to wait. my son who was not even born before the appeal was made is more than a year now.
You need to go over the facts about why you were rejected and what evidence supports your 1st application.
It might be that your lawyer is a retard.

gure

Post by gure » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:38 pm

cors187 wrote:
gure wrote:Dear Friends,
I think your appeal status can be based on certain criteria.
So basically they have a merit system that offers genuine cases the ability to be resolved fast.
Your case doesnt appear to have merits.
Your case merits a re-application of a study permit with corresponding details.
Details that were not submitted before the study permit was rejected.

All this info is plastered all over migri web.
Although if your case comes to court you could receive a chance for your old application to be re submitted.
Maybe they made an error in the time your 1st application had before being cancelled, maybe the protocol of asking for addition info wasn't meet.

The
Thanks a lot for your response Cory187.
I did an enquiry with the Finnish Embassy here in my home country Kenya,as to whether i could re-apply for the residence permit,but they told me that i couldn't until the court decides my case.
If you do have an idea,can i involve a lawyer in my case?and what chances of success do i have with a lawyer?

onkko

Post by onkko » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:21 pm

gure wrote:Thanks a lot for your response Cory187.
I did an enquiry with the Finnish Embassy here in my home country Kenya,as to whether i could re-apply for the residence permit,but they told me that i couldn't until the court decides my case.
If you do have an idea,can i involve a lawyer in my case?and what chances of success do i have with a lawyer?
So you tried to fraud your way to nordic country, too bad that we do now genetical test now. (anyone who doesnt know check "family member" before and after genetic tests), now its "adopted" even if no one in family even heard of......
And in end, no you are safe in country where you are and no your so called relatives arent your relatives. move on. And even if they are they are adults and that means you can stay in kenia.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

cors187

Post by cors187 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:02 pm

gure wrote: Thanks a lot for your response Cory187.
A lawyer can make all the difference.

rinso

Post by rinso » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:41 pm

cors187 wrote:
It depends.
If your situation (attached documents and so on) does not qualify you for a RP a lawyer cannot chance it.
Only when they made a mistake a lawyer might find an opening.
When you made mistakes he can correct them and get you a second chance.

Ashken

Post by Ashken » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:02 am

gure wrote: Refusal came from the fact that i did not submit my sponsor's bank statement when it was required... the money they wanted for my upkeep is still intact.
GURE:
I'm just wondering why you were required to submit a sponsor's account statement for an student RP.
Quoting from migri.fi regarding proof of means of support:
"Attach an account statement to the application form showing that you have 6,720 euros in your bank account. You must have the necessary funds in your own bank account. Sponsorship agreements provided by relatives, friends or employers are not acceptable. "

gure

Post by gure » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:17 pm

onkko wrote:
gure wrote:Thanks a lot for your response Cory187.
So you tried to fraud your way to nordic country, too bad that we do now genetical test now. (anyone who doesnt know check "family member" before and after genetic tests), now its "adopted" even if no one in family even heard of......
And in end, no you are safe in country where you are and no your so called relatives arent your relatives. move on. And even if they are they are adults and that means you can stay in kenia.[/quote

Thanks for that input. just got myself the RP. :D

gure

Post by gure » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:21 pm

cors187 wrote:
Thanks a lot for your assistance. i now have the RP. Am grateful for your thoughts. :thumbsup:

gure

Post by gure » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:24 pm

rinso wrote:
cors187 wrote:
It depends.
If your situation (attached documents and so on) does not qualify you for a RP a lawyer cannot chance it.
Only when they made a mistake a lawyer might find an opening.
When you made mistakes he can correct them and get you a second chance.
Thanks a lot for your advise and willingness to assist. I now got the RP. Thanks again. :D