Looking for small workshop

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
darren

Post by darren » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:58 am

Hi

Does anybody know where I could find a small workshop/garage to rent in the Helsinki area for a personal project? (the cheaper the better :wink: ) Im not looking to rent long term initially, right now Im just trying to see whats out there.
Or if somebody has one and is interested in renting a space, that could work too.

Thanks!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

cors187

Re: Looking for small workshop

Post by cors187 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:02 pm

if you go legit leasing , your paying about 8-10 euro/M2 per month.
The bigger the area the lower the price.
Premium areas cost you.Finding 5euro/m2 is hrd.
Some storage areas have rules according to use,keep an eye on those details.

darren

Post by darren » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:46 pm

Thanks for your response. It's not easy trying to find these! :D

Sangdth

Post by Sangdth » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi, I'm working hard to build a makerspace in Kallio, (near by Hakaniemi), you can check some images from our website: www.makr.fi
Space has some 3D printers, lot of tools, equipments, arduinos and so on. There is one powerful laser cutter is under construction, it's about 70% to complete.

If you are interested in, leave a message to sangdth (@) gmail.com for me (sorry, the email server of makr.fi is not active yet).
sangdth.com

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:29 pm

Sangdth wrote:Hi, I'm working hard to build a makerspace in Kallio, (near by Hakaniemi), you can check some images from our website: http://www.makr.fi
Space has some 3D printers, lot of tools, equipments, arduinos and so on. There is one powerful laser cutter is under construction, it's about 70% to complete.

If you are interested in, leave a message to sangdth (@) gmail.com for me (sorry, the email server of makr.fi is not active yet).
Sounds like an interesting project. Are you self-financed or do you have backing from sponsors/schools/state?
What's a ballpark time frame for letting people in? Weeks? Months?

Sangdth

Post by Sangdth » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:33 pm

Hi,

All machines, tools and equipments are paid from my personal money :D And of course, I'm looking for funding to expand this space to next level.
We open from 10:00 until 15:00 every week day, close at weekend and holiday.

Space address is Ensi Linja 1, 00530 Helsinki near by Hakaniemi metro station.
Go to second floor and turn left, or ask reception for more information.

Hope that you can take a by pass :D

Thanks.
sangdth.com

cors187

Post by cors187 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:36 am

Sangdth wrote:Hi,

All machines, tools and equipments are paid from my personal money :D And of course, I'm looking for funding to expand this space to next level.
We open from 10:00 until 15:00 every week day, close at weekend and holiday.

Space address is Ensi Linja 1, 00530 Helsinki near by Hakaniemi metro station.
Go to second floor and turn left, or ask reception for more information.

Hope that you can take a by pass :D

Thanks.
nice work

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:17 am

It's not for me, it's for one of my kids. He is currently building his own workshop at our mökki but that's in Raasepori so it's not really practical and it's not really winter-proof. He has been given access to some of the equipment at school (Mech Eng student) but he says it's a lonely place - he's looking for somewhere a bit more social. I've forwarded him your address. :thumbsup:

Sangdth

Post by Sangdth » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:46 am

Rosamunda wrote:It's not for me, it's for one of my kids. He is currently building his own workshop at our mökki but that's in Raasepori so it's not really practical and it's not really winter-proof. He has been given access to some of the equipment at school (Mech Eng student) but he says it's a lonely place - he's looking for somewhere a bit more social. I've forwarded him your address. :thumbsup:
:D Thanks! Our space is a partner with NewCo Factory, a startup incubator (from Yritys Helsinki), there are many young, innovative startups around this building. Hope that they will find out their mates here. :lol:
sangdth.com

damdamdoom

Post by damdamdoom » Tue May 26, 2020 10:44 am

darren wrote:
Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:58 am
Hi

Does anybody know where I could find a small workshop/garage to rent in the Helsinki area for a personal project? (the cheaper the better :wink: ) Im not looking to rent long term initially, right now Im just trying to see whats out there.
Or if somebody has one and is interested in renting a space, that could work too.

Thanks!
Hi!
I have the exact same question :)
I know this post is a few years old, but did you find the workshop you were looking for?

albacore

Post by albacore » Tue May 26, 2020 5:44 pm

FinlandList.com useful links for living in Finland
AskFinnish.com to ask your Finnish language questions.