job opportunities for overseas dentist

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
shwetha reddy

Post by shwetha reddy » Fri May 13, 2016 9:50 pm

hi, I am a dentist from India, going to live with my husband from august in Jyväskylä, Finland. I would like to know about the job opportunities for overseas dentists in Finland, I hold an Indian Bachelor's degree in dentistry with almost 6 yrs of experience.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

DMC

Re: job opportunities for overseas dentist

Post by DMC » Sat May 14, 2016 6:43 am

I have no real information about this but one dentist who treated me in the local health centre was a foreigner. I dealt with him in English but judging by his interaction with the dental nurse he spoke little or no Finnish. So it seems it is possible. I also understand there is a shortage of dentists, especially in smaller places, but I don't know about Jyväskylä specifically.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sat May 14, 2016 8:11 pm

You have a non-EU degree, so you have to pass the qualifications, also the Finnish language. So the short answer is "no".
The long answer is in the link of the above post.

(DMC - The light shines out of EU arse, so they do not have to pass as rigorous or language requirements)
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

DMC

Post by DMC » Sat May 14, 2016 10:38 pm

Maybe so. I would have guessed the dentist I had was from the middle east, but who knows what his nationality really was or what papers he had.

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Sun May 15, 2016 10:28 am

My dentist is British. But he speaks very good Finnish. It is sooooo nice to have a reassuring, friendly, chatty dentist who can explain orthodontic ordeals in all the gruesome detail :thumbsup:

Dentistlab

Post by Dentistlab » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:15 pm

Hi,
I'm a dentist too and I qualified in a non eu country. If you managed to register as a dentist could you please share your experience on the forum 😇