Verb conjugator for Android

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
eiltanen

Post by eiltanen » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:24 pm

Finally I finished (well, these never get 100%...) verb conjugation app for Android. It all started as a quick mess-around just for curiosity, first with simple verbs without any changes. Then slowly I just kept adding stuff and started analyzing word syllable structure, vowel patterns, consonant gradation, added infinitive forms, moods etc.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... conjugator

Now it is a complete verb conjugator that conjugates anything you throw at it, as long as it has the structure of a Finnish verb. ( precisely ending in 2 vowels, -dA, or vowel+tA ). I also included all possible exceptions I know ( the few irregularities and then some that have/don't have consonant gradation).

And since it works, I thought why not tell the user how the forms were conjugated so I added a bunch (tens of them actually) of explanations. Then I also bundled in my grammar material about verb conjugation. Those features are the educative part. This week I added translations for around 1300 verbs, ability to search the translations, and also 8000 list of infinitives ( also searchable ).

I can't really post to many places about this since it's commercial advertizing lol. But yeah, there is a price. Whopping 2.something. More than fair price in my opinion.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Verb conjugator for Android

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:34 pm

I highly recommend you release a stripped down version with ~ 5-10% of the database as a free version and offer a paid upgrade, just like your VerbSearch app.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

eiltanen

Post by eiltanen » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:59 pm

Yes hehe I actually forgot that since I have been busy with minor details. I will do a free one with just present tense. Publishing it in the Play store takes a few hours to show up so I will post the link tomorrow.

eiltanen

Post by eiltanen » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:22 am