Gross to nett salary

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Hrca11

Gross to nett salary

Post by Hrca11 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:44 pm

Hello,

I have offer for job in Finland for salary 4000€ per month - gross. Job is in Rauma. Duration of job approx. 12 months.

Now can you help me to calculate approximate nett salary (money that I will have in my hands)?

I am EU citizen, married and without children.

If someone with some knowledge about taxation could help it would be great because I dont know much about it.

Thank you.

Gross to nett salary

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Gross to nett salary

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:01 pm

Doesn't require "taxation knowledge". It requires common sense and Google knowledge http://prosentti.vero.fi/VPL2017/Sivut/ ... ieli=en-US

About 2600 euros netto.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

harryc

Post by harryc » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:17 pm

C'mon - let the guy ask the question without beating him over the head with Google!

And Google can be a damn nuisance - I had a problem with a Telia supplied modem (which I had gotten 3 yrs ago) - called Telia and 'guru' didn't find the model on Google so he basically stopped answering any questions!

Back to basics - people - thanks!
Last edited by harryc on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hrca11

Post by Hrca11 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:36 am

Beep_Boop wrote:Doesn't require "taxation knowledge". It requires common sense and Google knowledge http://prosentti.vero.fi/VPL2017/Sivut/ ... ieli=en-US

About 2600 euros netto.
Thank you for your response. That was the ammount that I got (I Google it :)) but I need to be sure before answering to them.

gowthas

Post by gowthas » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:33 pm

Agree with @harryc

Hrca11, If some post annoys you / don't want to answer, move on... This is Finland after all!

Let's be helpful to each other :)

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:36 pm

Hrca11 wrote:Thank you for your response. That was the ammount that I got (I Google it :)) but I need to be sure before answering to them.
Good on you, mate! Good luck with the new job in the move :thumbsup:
harryc wrote:C'mon - let the guy ask the question without beating him over the head with Google!
No
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

riku2

Post by riku2 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:03 pm

bear in mind that the taxation year runs jan-dec in Finland and it's not pro-rated even if you move to finland part way through the year.

so if you start work in september then sep/oct/nov is your annual salary for ALL of 2017, so you will not pay much tax.
if you start work in february then your annual salary is 11 months and you'll pay a lot more tax per month than if you started in september.
This does actually affect how much total tax you pay, it's less in the first example.

similar applies for the end of your contract (should you leave).
eg if you leave on 1st april then jan/feb/mar will be your annual salary for that year. you should apply for a "tax card" based on annual salary beingthe sum of those three months. by default you might get a tax card that assumes you'll earn that salary for 12 months. the money will balance itself out in the end, but better not pay the tax man in the first place rather than pay up and have it refunded 18 months later.

"tax card" is the finnish way of giving you a tax code that employers use to deduct the correct amount of tax from your salary every month. you can apply for a new code based on any annual income you wish. you login to a web page and generate the code which you then give to your employer. for historical reasons this is called a "tax card". there's no legal requirement to have a tax code that does match your expected income, but if the code is wildly different to your real income you will over/under pay tax and have a refund/bill at the end of the next year (eg december 2017 is the adjustment for income in 2016).

harryc

Post by harryc » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:12 pm

harryc wrote:
C'mon - let the guy ask the question without beating him over the head with Google!

No
Pray tell - why can't you respect people that don't think the source of the world's knowledge is bloody Google?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:21 pm

riku2 wrote:there's no legal requirement to have a tax code that does match your expected income, but if the code is wildly different to your real income you will over/under pay tax and have a refund/bill at the end of the next year (eg december 2017 is the adjustment for income in 2016).
There is.
Jollei 4 §:stä muuta johdu, ennakonpidätyksen määrän on vastattava mahdollisimman tarkoin verovelvollisen ennakonpidätyksen alaisesta tulosta verovuoden veroasteikkolain ja muiden verovuoden veroperusteiden mukaan maksettavaa verojen ja maksujen yhteismäärää. Ennakonkannossa veroa määrätään verovelvollisen maksettavaksi määrä, joka vastaa mahdollisimman tarkoin verovelvollisen tuloista verovuonna sovellettavien veroperusteiden mukaan maksettavaa verojen ja maksujen yhteismäärää, vähennettynä ennakonpidätyksenä kertyväksi arvioidulla määrällä.
http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/1 ... 61118#L1P3

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:36 pm

harryc wrote:why can't you respect people that don't think the source of the world's knowledge is bloody Google?
Because those people are categorically wrong. Google leads to authoritative sources; à la Migri, Poliisi, Vero, Finlex, etc. Answers for these simple questions exist on those sites.

5-6 years ago I did the same. Somebody should have knocked some sense into me when I didn't yet learn to find these easy things on my own. I'm doing that for other people right now so they can learn, and I'm not in the business of sugarcoating.

harryc

Post by harryc » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:39 am

Sorry - that's pretty naive! I'm a professional researcher and while Google CAN be helpful, it's rather a Drumpf-type of 'source' on MANY, MANY occasions. There is NOTHING holy about that company and we are fortunate that professionals don't use it beyond POSSIBLE introductory use.

Then again we could burn all the libraries :(

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:55 am

harryc wrote:Sorry - that's pretty naive! I'm a professional researcher and while Google CAN be helpful, it's rather a Drumpf-type of 'source' on MANY, MANY occasions. There is NOTHING holy about that company and we are fortunate that professionals don't use it beyond POSSIBLE introductory use.

Then again we could burn all the libraries :(
There is a difference between "Could you calculate my take home pay" and "I calculated my take home pay with nönnönöö and got tuhatsatakaks, what does that mean and is that correct".

I don't regard google as source. That would be like citing phone, not the person who is on the other end of "line".
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

harryc

Post by harryc » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:04 pm

I don't regard google as source. That would be like citing phone, not the person who is on the other end of "line".
Hope you realize it is all about 'search ENGINE' - there's an infinite amount of ways to collect the 'listings' on Google - one has to be extremely skillful in choosing search words - and their combinations - even different languages are important (both language of words and language of engine - g.com quite different than g.fi).

And there are thousands (tens of) trying to find a way to distort and re-order 'results -many introducing fake data. One has to remember that probably 98% of G-users don't go beyond page 1 - or even beyond 'top 5'

How about the 'phone' analogy if there would be all kinds of filters before your ear piece - some even with the possibility to change words - never mind just selection!

Google is one tool among MANY, MANY that should be used by any professional - or 'sensible' person - and must be thought of with the same circumspection as ANY 'source.'

(please - btw - have a look at a spam box and see what's being tried - and this is just the tip of the iceberg)'

Hrca11

Post by Hrca11 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:13 pm

The reason why I asked for help is because with given data I can calculate approximate netto salary without any help of calculators in my country (10 seconds) but in Finland it is different situation. Some calculators gave me 2600 € others 3000 €. But nevermind I've declined this offer so maybe this post will help someone else to find useful info about gross-nett salary in Finland.

Thank you all for your response.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:53 pm

harryc wrote:How about the 'phone' analogy if there would be all kinds of filters before your ear piece - some even with the possibility to change words - never mind just selection!
I don't think google does that? Sure it might try to get you to call a immigration lawyer instead of migri. But I would still prefer to know that the person asking help would have done some research him/herself. Like op did.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.