Study permit bank statement info! Need help!

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
ehab101

Post by ehab101 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:25 pm

Hi everyone,

Good day to y'all. I had some questions from those of you who have knowledge on this matter. I was admitted to Laurea University of Applied Sciences this past summer and I was very much looking forward to attending it. Unfortunately, there were a few complications in my study permit application due to which it got rejected and I did not have enough time left to appeal on the decision as the deadline date for the last day to start studies had passed.

The complication was regarding the bank statement. I had sufficient funds in my bank account. I believe a student must present and possess around 6800 Euro per year, and I had 11,000 Euros in the account. The bank was only 5 and 1/2 months old and I had transferred most of the savings into the account in two transactions in the second month of account opening. The embassy asked me to explain the two transactions which I did though I could not provide any bank related proof since the savings were in cash as I have been working part time on check payments in the UAE. The embassy deemed this as suspicious and rejected my study permit application.

Fortunately, I am still admitted to the university as I registered myself as absent with the university's administration. I would be applying once again next year in June. I have maintained a stable amount of funds in my bank account and they will continue to be since it really is my money. Lol. So the question is, What precautions should I take so that my study permit does not get rejected? I am desperate to start my studies next year and do not want to waste another year.

Any advice and help would be much appreciated. I thank you in advance. :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Study permit bank statement info! Need help!

Post by Beep_Boop » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:01 pm

To me, looks like you're good to go it terms of proving your financial ability for the residence permit.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

ehab101

Post by ehab101 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:07 am

Thanks for your reply. God, I hope you are right! :)

anish

Post by anish » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:04 pm

you mean there was no sponsors and you were sponsoring yourself . is that soo? did you submit any supporting letters , selling, receiving contract papers ?? or just explained online ?

ehab101

Post by ehab101 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:12 pm

anish wrote:you mean there was no sponsors and you were sponsoring yourself . is that soo? did you submit any supporting letters , selling, receiving contract papers ?? or just explained online ?
@anish Yes I was sponsoring myself since I am over 21, I could only explain online and not provide any more proof since the last date to start the studies was just three days way and I figured there would be no point in appealing on the rejected decision. If you could shed some light on the situation that would be very helpful and what I should do to avoid any more hiccups in the application. Thank you. :)