Cohabitation Registration

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
JaysD

Post by JaysD » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:35 pm

Hi,

I have read somewhere that people who have been cohabited need to show a lease contract under both himself/herself and his/her partner's names in order to prove their cohabitation. I moved in with my partner about 3 months ago. At the time I did inform Magistrate office for my new address which is under the same one as my partner's. However, we don't have any lease contract since my partner owns the place. Im wondering whether if there is a form we have to fill to inform about our relationship. I want to ensure that we do everything right from the beginning to avoid any hassle later on so please advice me on this.

Thank you.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Cohabitation Registration

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:04 pm

JaysD wrote: I have read somewhere that people who have been cohabited need to show a lease contract under both himself/herself and his/her partner's names in order to prove their cohabitation. I moved in with my partner about 3 months ago. At the time I did inform Magistrate office for my new address which is under the same one as my partner's.
There is no need. You probably have been residence permit threads. If you are receiving Kela, benefits you will want to update your living status in their online service.

JaysD

Re: Cohabitation Registration

Post by JaysD » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:31 pm

Thanks for your response:).

Im not receiving Kela or any other benefits. Im renewing my Resident Permit and being asked for my marital status. So i was just wondering whether I have to have some sorta paper indicates my cohabitation. Though I guess they can see on the system that me and my partner are living under the same roof?