Brazilian food /ingredients in Helsinki

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:51 am

If you can figure out what they are in Finnish - fruits? then maybe yes. The only Brazilian thing I''ve seen is coffee and steak (and fruits)

Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:45 pm

Ok,
palmito you get from ethnic stores
mamao - maybe, doubtful.
guarana - they sell some guarana drinks but it may not be the real mc.coy
chachaca - you get maybe one brand in Alko, better luck in Tallinn (actually you might find all of these there) pinga :lol: thats in the Spanish dictionary :lol:
farofa... rrr... manioc... rrr... ethnic stores maybe
bread cheese you find typical finnish... i guess you need to ask for a recipe and start experimenting.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:41 pm

Hi Dudu,

please let us know if you find any of those around town, i'd be eager to get some of that staff (goiabada, guarana,...).

I have a wish list of my own, mostly out of curiosity, from my childhood:

Marmelada de banana/
Bananada de goiaba/
Goiabada de marmelo (...)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

(EDIT:these are lyrics from a very popular brazilian children's program)

pliu

Post by pliu » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:29 pm

Hi Dudu,

Well I am Brazilian living here for 1 year and a half and I could not find any of this products here.
You can find some on Internet but must have a credicard.
If you want I can send to you.
By the way are you Brazilian?

Gliceria.

a.torres

Post by a.torres » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:59 am

Oi Gliceria,
I am Portuguese from Lisbon married to a Brazilian from São Paulo we have just moved here. I would also love to buy some of the mentioned products could you please send me the links of the internets sites you mentioned? Are those sites from Brazil or Europe? I could find lots of those products in Lisbon since there is a big Brazilian community and therefore many shops, restaurants, hairdressers (with the famous Japanese hair straightening technique, etc) …Anyway I don´t know many people around here, it would be nice to meet, I saw there a “coffee mamas group” but unfortunately we don’t have children yet …so I am not sure I could fit on it…but on the other hand would love to meet other girls here. Upppsss I just saw that you are leaving …what a pity ….could we still talk? Hope soon
Obrigada,
Ale

LeneBR

Re: Brazilian food /ingredients in Helsinki

Post by LeneBR » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:27 pm

I guess this post is old but anyway I wish to participate :) We can find in Finland a lot of Brazilian products (especially in Helsinki) or at least similar that you can cook Brazilian dish. We can do even Feijoada here! Next RavintolaPäivä I am doing cheese bread, tapioca and other things in Tampere. If someone interested just check out here:
http://beta.njomnjom.com/en/events/1007 :D :thumbsup:
LeneBR
Event Organizer / Singer
Tempo Band