I want to defer my admission to next year

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Jimmiekamau

Post by Jimmiekamau » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:35 pm

I got admission for nursing at Jamk uas but didn't get the rp.how can I be assured that my study place will be kept for me till 2018 intake since I wouldn't wish to go through the entrance exam hustles again

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: I want to defer my admission to next year

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:07 pm

Jimmiekamau wrote:I got admission for nursing at Jamk uas but didn't get the rp.how can I be assured that my study place will be kept for me till 2018 intake since I wouldn't wish to go through the entrance exam hustles again
You sign up as absent in the university for the first year.

Jimmiekamau

Post by Jimmiekamau » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:12 pm

I had already enrolled as attending and even paid 4000euros school fees

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:40 pm

Contact JAMK's international student office and explain the situation. If they insist that you cannot revert your enrollment for the first year, then well.. you learn a valuable lesson and move on. As far as I know, if you sign up as "Attending" and don't actually go to school, you don't lose your place of study. You can start in the following year as normal with the students who are starting on that year.

The only downside will be losing first year's tuition fees and losing one year from your "study right" (opiskeluoikeus) years, which I think are 5 years for AMKs if I recall correctly. So if you don't have anymore hiccups in the future, you'll still have 4 years of "study right".

Anyway, the key point here is to talk to your JAMK about this.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.