Marriage with non-EU

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
tavastia

Re: Marriage with non-EU

Post by tavastia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:03 am

I did married in my wife home country, my wife came with a visa to Finland and got the RP in Finland. For getting the visa they were warning that she may not get the visa and needs to apply for RP at embassy but it was not a problem.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:54 am

Tarja2905 wrote:I came to Finland with tourist visa and got married - I told that I came to get married, the second time I also came with tourist visa and applied for RP. I also have friends who were denied for tourist visa and they also told in the application about marriage plan. So lets say it is 50-50

For more info, I was told by the embassy that if I plan to stay in Finland, I need to apply for rp from my country (even it is said on migri page that I can come to Finland and apply here). So even it is allowed in the law, it looks like it depends on different embassies in different countries or maybe on each officer working on your case. If I were you, I would not tell in the application about the plan of getting married or rp application, just apply for a tourist visa as you did before.

Good luck guys!
Hi, The problem is that if you lie on your visa application about the reason for coming to Finland it can cause problems when you apply for RP.

Tarja2905

Post by Tarja2905 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:18 am

bm50 wrote:
Tarja2905 wrote:I came to Finland with tourist visa and got married - I told that I came to get married, the second time I also came with tourist visa and applied for RP. I also have friends who were denied for tourist visa and they also told in the application about marriage plan. So lets say it is 50-50

For more info, I was told by the embassy that if I plan to stay in Finland, I need to apply for rp from my country (even it is said on migri page that I can come to Finland and apply here). So even it is allowed in the law, it looks like it depends on different embassies in different countries or maybe on each officer working on your case. If I were you, I would not tell in the application about the plan of getting married or rp application, just apply for a tourist visa as you did before.

Good luck guys!
Hi, The problem is that if you lie on your visa application about the reason for coming to Finland it can cause problems when you apply for RP.
I am really not sure about it, might be. In reality, i have seen many doing the same way. And, in Finland when we apply for rp on tourist visa, no one asks about why you came with tourist visa to apply for rp because it is allowed to do so. What makes it difficult here is, in my country, embassy tell everybody that ppl cannot get tourist visa to Finland to apply for rp :shock:

mexfin18

Post by mexfin18 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:26 pm

Hello everyone, end of this week if not something comes I go for visa appointment.
I am so nervous and hope day will give me visum, 89 days will I stay in Finland and when I go back home I will be a married woman.

Happy waiting for everyone

hiworld

Post by hiworld » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:15 pm

mexfin18 wrote:Hello everyone, end of this week if not something comes I go for visa appointment.
I am so nervous and hope day will give me visum, 89 days will I stay in Finland and when I go back home I will be a married woman.
i would like to hear how the embassy will react as you intend to get married on tourist visa, same as my plan.

Best of luck!

mexfin18

Post by mexfin18 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:55 pm

hiworld wrote:
mexfin18 wrote:Hello everyone, end of this week if not something comes I go for visa appointment.
i would like to hear how the embassy will react as you intend to get married on tourist visa, same as my plan.

Best of luck!
Hello everyone. We have the visa, just be honest and tell in invitation letter what you will be doing..

rehcenhab

Post by rehcenhab » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:39 pm

mexfin18 wrote:
hiworld wrote:

Best of luck!
Hello everyone. We have the visa, just be honest and tell in invitation letter what you will be doing..

Hi
Same they give the visa.
Think the same just be honest and good things will happen :D