Residence permit for EU citizen

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
inchy

Post by inchy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:28 pm

I have very bad situation.
I had moved to Finland in November 2013, same month i had registered myself in Police and got Certifikat of right of residence as EU citizen, and paper with permanent adress from Maistraati. But i did not apply for residence permit.
So it mean that i am living in Finland 4 years withoit residence permit.
What can i do now?
I am working, have permanent working contract.
Can i apply now in Migri?
Or what to do?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Piet

Re: Residence permit for EU citizen

Post by Piet » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:52 pm

You do not need a residence permit, you are EU citizen.

You have been living here for 4 years now? Soon you can apply for Finnish citizenship if you want. (remember the language requirement).

read this:

http://www.migri.fi/eu_registration/rig ... _residence
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

Akitafox

Post by Akitafox » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:50 pm

Are you sure you don't need the permit ? I wanted to register my address yesterday at Maistraati but they said I need a "permit of residence for EU citizen" otherwise they can't register me.

I thought so too that I don't have to get any permits if I'm a EU Citizen when I wanna register me here, but it seems to be different. The Migri website is also not very helpful, because the infos there are not clear... whats the difference between "First residence permit for an employed person or a self-employed person" and the "Registration of the right of residence of an EU citizen" ? The last one is the one which the Maistraati said that I need to get in order to register my address here.

To be honest, this whole thing is so complicated even more then in Germany... and I always thought Germany is the country of bureaucracy :|

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:26 pm

Are you sure you don't need the permit ? I wanted to register my address yesterday at Maistraati but they said I need a "permit of residence for EU citizen" otherwise they can't register me.
Is the A4 paper you get from Migri when you register your right of residence as EU citizen.

Here you find more info: http://www.migri.fi/eu_registration
whats the difference between "First residence permit for an employed person or a self-employed person" and the "Registration of the right of residence of an EU citizen" ?

* first residence permit is for Non-EU citizens
* registration of the right of residence" is the A4 paper which you get on the spot from Migri when you register your right of residence as EU citizen.

Akitafox

Post by Akitafox » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:49 pm

Thank you tavastia for your quick answers.

If I understand you correct I just need to go to migri and register my right residence ? What do I need to for this ? The Migri side says only a valid passport or ID card... is this true ? This sounds too simple.

inchy

Post by inchy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:05 am

When i moved here (5 years ago), i went to Police office and registered myself on adress where I liv. Then i got from Police paper "Registration of right of residence". Then i went to maistraati and filled some papers and got from them " Extract of population system" with my permanent adress and eprsonal ID number.
I havent been in Migri office at all.
A couple of days ago, my hussband went to TE toimisto , and tey said that his residence permit is expired 2018.and he need to get a new
We are so confused because all papers wich we ave are valid under futher notice.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:49 am

You went to police because at that time they handle the EU registration. From 1.1.2017 is done at Migri. First registration is for 5 years after you need to apply again and will be permanent.

inchy

Post by inchy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:30 pm

Akitafox for registration of residence i was need :
ID, rent contract from appartment (you need adress) and working contract.
I repeat, i was 2013. Doing my registration

Akitafox

Post by Akitafox » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:56 pm

Thank you for all the answers so far. Does anyone know if there is a chance to register my address here at my secondary residence (no idea if this is the right word).

Is still have a apartment in Germany and run a company there (thats why completely moving is not so easy at the moment). But, I'm only there roughly half of the year, the rest of the year I'm in Finland. I have a rental contract of a apartment here and I'm self employed, but as a I said registered in Germany. Do you think I can easily register myself here ? Technically it should be no problem but you never know...

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:26 am

There is no such secondary term, you address in Finland is either permanent or temporary. If you register like temporary you may have some troubles later on. E.g. getting a Kela card.

For registration all info is pretty clear on migri site:

To register your right of residence, you need the following:

a valid identity card or passport
if you are employed, a confirmation of engagement from your employer or a certificate of employment
if you are self-employed, proof of self-employment
if you are a student, proof that you are enrolled at an educational institution in Finland and have sufficient funds and sufficient health insurance coverage
if you are not employed or self-employed, proof of income
if you are a family member, proof of the family ties
normally, this is a legalised document issued by an authority

Your company in Germany does not count as self employed in Finland, you may go with the proof of income.

Akitafox

Post by Akitafox » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:41 pm

Moi... Tavastia, thanks again for the answer.

What would Migri accept as a proof of income... Tax declaration, bank account status, my registerstion form of my company ?

Is there a reason why they don‘t accept my german company as self employed ? I mean, its the EU and i have a Y-tunnus (VAT ID number)... shouldn‘t this be enough ?

Thank you already for your answer. I just wanna be as good prepared as possible when i go to Migri. I hate bureaucracy so knowing everthing upfront makes it easier for me to deal with all this.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:22 am

Akitafox wrote:What would Migri accept as a proof of income... Tax declaration, bank account status, my registerstion form of my company ?
Bank statements do work, for example.
Akitafox wrote:Is there a reason why they don‘t accept my german company as self employed ? I mean, its the EU and i have a Y-tunnus (VAT ID number)... shouldn‘t this be enough ?
Self-employed in this context means private trader. This means you need to have a Finnish registration. For separate legal entities you are considered an employee for immigration purposes.