Selling car to a private

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Y77

Selling car to a private

Post by Y77 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:30 pm

What is the best and safest way to get payment if I sell my car to a private? Is it possible a bank transfer that shows up immediately on my account without waiting till the day after? Do checks still exists in Finland?

Selling car to a private

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: Selling car to a private

Post by Upphew » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:25 am

Y77 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:30 pm
What is the best and safest way to get payment if I sell my car to a private? Is it possible a bank transfer that shows up immediately on my account without waiting till the day after? Do checks still exists in Finland?
Cash is king. Bank transfers can be instant if you use same bank. www.pikasiirto.fi can do it instantly, but it costs 2e+2,9%. Checks aren't free either and you'll need to haul your ass to bank to get it and to cash it. Maybe some people will do that, I wouldn't bother.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Y77

Post by Y77 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:34 am

Thanks for the answer! Cash is king, but also risky, we are talking about a luxury car worth more than 20k, what if I get paid with fake banknotes? Nowadays some fakes are almost as good as the real thing.Then I wouldn't want to have problems with money laundry issues if I were to go to my bank with 20k cash in a plastic bag and put it on my bank account... Do bank issue a check guaranteed here in Finland?

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:40 pm

Nordea used to issue checks which you can pass from the seller to buyer... make sure is not fake also :) Instant transfer shall be fine from the same bank only.

If you take it cash and take it to bank they will be very suspicious from where you have them. Also have tax been paid on them? E.g. if they are gift... A friend took 15k from his own bank account to buy a car and few days later wanted to deposit them back, as the car was sold already, and had some trouble to put it back... was ok at the end.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:50 pm

Upphew wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:25 am
Cash is king. Bank transfers can be instant if you use same bank. www.pikasiirto.fi can do it instantly, but it costs 2e+2,9%. Checks aren't free either and you'll need to haul your ass to bank to get it and to cash it. Maybe some people will do that, I wouldn't bother.
Nordea nowadays does SEPA transfers within the same banking day to other banks too as long as you you meet their cutoff times.

biryvih

Post by biryvih » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:23 pm

I'd say, do the deal in front of a bank personnel.

Than you will not have to worry about depositing anything by yourself, since the other dude/gal will put money in your account, and you can show the sales receipt to the bank personnel there and the bank can check the notes right away if they are real or fake.

Personally this is what i'd do...

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:31 pm

Nordea nowadays does SEPA transfers within the same banking day to other banks too as long as you you meet their cutoff times.
My wife salary comes from OP to her Nordea bank account in 2-3 days...

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:52 pm

tavastia wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:31 pm
And what does that have to do with my comment? 1) Salaries are paid with a different schedule 2) the schedule is set by the sending side.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:37 pm

Y77 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:34 am
Then I wouldn't want to have problems with money laundry issues if I were to go to my bank with 20k cash in a plastic bag and put it on my bank account... Do bank issue a check guaranteed here in Finland?
Money is money. You'd face the same problems with money laundering with check too. Which shouldn't be problem either, as you would have paperwork from sale.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:08 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:52 pm
tavastia wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:31 pm
And what does that have to do with my comment? 1) Salaries are paid with a different schedule 2) the schedule is set by the sending side.
Send to someone from OP to Nordea and see how much it takes... nothing about your comment!

pavi

Post by pavi » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:31 pm

I dont know if its relevant anymore to the OP but when i sold my car, the transaction was done at my house, where online bank transfer was done in front of me. That was enough evidence for me to do the transaction of my car.