Residence permit (family ties) processing

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
impatient

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by impatient » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:59 pm

It is possible to leave Finland while waiting and come back as long as you leave directly to outside of schengen area and point of entry to schengen area is also Finland while waiting for a permit.

Any new data points from anyone? Been waiting for 6 months already for Finnish citizens spouse permit, the waiting time is ridiculous. :thumbsdown:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rasikko

Post by Rasikko » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:31 pm

I waited 7 months. There's no foul play involved or conspiracy. They are not kidding when they say up to 9 months with family ties. As so many go for this option as it is the easiest, they need to screen a lot of folks to make sure its legit.

curiousgirl

Post by curiousgirl » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Hey All
I filed for RP for spouse of a Finnish citizen in mid August 2017.
I haven´t got any reply yet. Tired of waiting. Any updates from anyone else?
Last edited by curiousgirl on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

curiousgirl

Post by curiousgirl » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:05 pm

impatient wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:59 pm
It is possible to leave Finland while waiting and come back as long as you leave directly to outside of schengen area and point of entry to schengen area is also Finland while waiting for a permit.

Any new data points from anyone? Been waiting for 6 months already for Finnish citizens spouse permit, the waiting time is ridiculous. :thumbsdown:
If you leave Finland, it´s entirely on your risk as you need a Visa to again enter Finland and chances are very high that your Visa will not be granted unless you have a very specific reason for applying it. I am in same boat as yours and not leaving Finland cos that might complicate situation further. For sure waiting is frustrating but I consider myself lucky that at least I can stay with my husband.

impatient

Post by impatient » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:05 pm

curiousgirl wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:05 pm
impatient wrote:

If you leave Finland, it´s entirely on your risk as you need a Visa to again enter Finland and chances are very high that your Visa will not be granted unless you have a very specific reason for applying it. I am in same boat as yours and not leaving Finland cos that might complicate situation further. For sure waiting is frustrating but I consider myself lucky that at least I can stay with my husband.
You can check from the Finnish border guards website FAQ, it is possible in fact to leave and come back, just bring the paper you can print from enter finland. Tried few times without any problems at the passport check. I'm from a non-eu country but I can enter schengen 90 days without a visa, not sure if it makes a difference. Already way past the 90 days and no problems after I show the paper of the pending process.

curiousgirl

Post by curiousgirl » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:24 am

impatient wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:05 pm
curiousgirl wrote:
impatient wrote:

You can check from the Finnish border guards website FAQ, it is possible in fact to leave and come back, just bring the paper you can print from enter finland. Tried few times without any problems at the passport check. I'm from a non-eu country but I can enter schengen 90 days without a visa, not sure if it makes a difference. Already way past the 90 days and no problems after I show the paper of the pending process.
At all times while entering Finland or Schengen area, you need to be in posession of a valid travel document. You might require a Visa or you can travel Visa free based on your country. Same is mentioned in the Finnish Border Guards website FAQs. The document given by migri doesn´t permit you to travel which is written on it specifically unless the certificate is of some other kind where they mention it is a travel document.

okonri

Post by okonri » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:31 pm

curiousgirl wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:24 am
impatient wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:05 pm
curiousgirl wrote:

At all times while entering Finland or Schengen area, you need to be in posession of a valid travel document. You might require a Visa or you can travel Visa free based on your country. Same is mentioned in the Finnish Border Guards website FAQs. The document given by migri doesn´t permit you to travel which is written on it specifically unless the certificate is of some other kind where they mention it is a travel document.
Travel document implies a valid international passport. Visas, residence permit cards and other temporary documents from migri fall under a different category and can be used alongside a passport for cross-border journeys.

curiousgirl

Post by curiousgirl » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:34 pm

Hey Everyone
Just want to share the updates... Got the decision on my resident permit and I will get my card in 1-2 weeks.
Me and my husband are extremely happy...I filed my application on 17-08-2017. I got the decision right away today, no questions or anything asked.
All the best to you all. Hope you get it soon too. :D

okonri

Post by okonri » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:31 pm

Great news! Congrats.

tamiya14

Post by tamiya14 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:24 am

Hi, anyone here who came to Finland as a tourist from a visa-free country and applied for RP based on marriage with a finnish citizen? I would like to know how did you answer the question that says "place of transaction and notification abroad" since you do not need to apply for a visa to enter Finland.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:06 pm

Hello everyone
Anyone here applied last September got supplementary questions or desicion yet? Your answer will be appreciated thank you.
Good luck everyone be patients.
2 applications are not the same there is no point in comparing times, since anything can be happening.

e.g. 1 - some here in forum got in 3 weeks. married with Finnish citizen
e.g. 2 - a friend of mine wife applied 19.7.2017 and nothing. The same married with Finnish citizen.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:21 am

Tarantino wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:22 am
Hi! :!:
I sent application online in the e-service 22.09.2017.
The date of signature in the form which my wife filled is 23.09.2017. I noticed this while I was checking the application's informations.
1.Can this cause some problem while the processing of the matter? :|
2.Does anyone have an idea about which month Migri is processing currently?
Helpful replies will be appreciated.
Kiitos!
Have you tried migri.fi processing time checker? Does it matter what month(s) they are processing now, if there is spread or if the information doesn't affect your application?
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

onlyforgame

Post by onlyforgame » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:58 pm

Hi guys,

Long time no see. I have born a baby and my husband applied for his residence permit based on family tie. The result came unexpectedly quick and positive. And so I heard from my friend that Migri recently works very fast on all kinds of application. (Rp for employed person - 2 months, citizenship -2 months)

About my husband's case: he was present at the embassy on 8 Jan. The application started being proccessed on 12th Jan. Migri sent me a request for marriage registration onto Finnish Population System a couple of days later. And the result came on 13th Feb. In my opinion, the result would have come earlier if they did not have to wait for the Population system being updated.

Anyways, thank you all for the support and advices for the time being. I and my husband are thankful for that. And goodluck for everyone who is waiting for the RP

cloudx7

Post by cloudx7 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:49 am

Hello, it’s been 8 month. We got a paper today, it’s about questions. But there is a thing which is really stupid, they asked when will I come to Finland (i’ve been in Finland for 9 months and I even go to school and we have sent them a paper about it 8 months ago) they asked for my birth certificate (which we sent them twice 4 months ago) and they asked for my mother’s allowance (my dad is my guardian as legally and even though we have gave her permission paper signed by her when we applied and 4 months ago when they asked extra questions). It kinda feels like they are just playing and making it harder to give up on it. They also asked for medical report to hand me a temporary visa to visit my operated mom. We sent 3 medical reports and there is still not a single answer by them in 5 months.

Amarabrizi

Post by Amarabrizi » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:38 pm

My wife and daughter base in Finland and I started my process since April 24th 2017, is the 11th month now still yet to receive any decision from the immigration, the last time my wife checked, they told to wait, that soon she will hear from them and that was since January 25th. me personally have written to the Immigration asking for a new processing time estimate of my resident permit, still no reply from them for 3weeks now. what could be the problem? what do you think I should do? am a Nigerian.