Type of work contract for citizenship application

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Random Dude

Post by Random Dude » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:32 am

Hello guys!
I am looking to apply for a Finnish citizenship, and I believe I fulfill all the requirement, well almost. I am a bit worried in regards to my source of income, more specicifically my work contract. I currently have a job that I started back in October 2016, and I have been basically working fulltime (140-160 hours) every month. Despite working full-time, my contract clearly states "Part-time work" on the type of working hours. So far,I did not have any issue with it as they were offering me full-time work, and they will most likely continue to do so.

However for the citizenship application, would my cuurent contract (along with my salary slips as further proof) be suuficient to satisfy the "source of income" ? or should I try to get a better contract from my employer for the application process? I would love to hear your personal experience or experiences of others that you know of in reagrds to work contracts for citizenship applications. Any advice or remarks will be highly appreciated! Thank you.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Type of work contract for citizenship application

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:52 am

Personal experiences are meaningless and irrelevant. What you want is the law.

There's nothing in the law or in Migri's guidelines (based on the law) specifying the type of contract you need to have for proving your sources of income for the citizenship application. As long as you can show it's a legal source of income and that you're properly declaring it to the state, you're good.

For residence permit purposes, that's a different story.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.