Embassy of Finland in Rabat, Morocco didn't take my fingerprints?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
ynginvstr

Post by ynginvstr » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:43 pm

In December, 2017, I submitted my First Residence Permit Application on the basis of Family ties at the Embassy of Finland in Rabat, Morocco. And, to my surprise, they didn't take my fingerprints.

So I asked and they told me that that was due to some IT-connection issue that's not enabling them to transfer the fingerprints. They also told me that Migri has been informed about this issue, and that it is possible for me to do them in Finland, and that I am not the only one who was not fingerprinted.

But, according to my understanding, the fingerprints are done for Identity-Verification purposes, which means that I could be anyone, and this troubles me a bit. And I am just wondering if this will result a very long delay, or idk..

In any case, however, I would like someone to give me some advice or information of great use to me in this matter.

(If this happened to you, as well, please contact me)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

ynginvstr

Re: Embassy of Finland in Rabat, Morocco didn't take my fingerprints?

Post by ynginvstr » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:43 am

Hello? hahah, y'all dead, or what? :D

I'm aware this is a rare case, I would just very much love to hear from someone who's experienced this very same issue, which is not that much of an issue, basically -- for the fingerprints are of relevance to the Residence Permit Card NOT to the Decision. :lightbulb:

If you read this, and you're impatiently waiting for your RP Decision, I wish you the best of luck, my friend. :thumbsup:

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:47 am

ynginvstr wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:43 am
Hello? hahah, y'all dead, or what? :D

I'm aware this is a rare case, I would just very much love to hear from someone who's experienced this very same issue, which is not that much of an issue, basically -- for the fingerprints are of relevance to the Residence Permit Card NOT to the Decision. :lightbulb:

If you read this, and you're impatiently waiting for your RP Decision, I wish you the best of luck, my friend. :thumbsup:
Not dead, but seems like no one who visits this forum has same experience or something to chime.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

ynginvstr

Post by ynginvstr » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:27 am

8)
Last edited by ynginvstr on Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

ynginvstr

Post by ynginvstr » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:27 am

Upphew wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:47 am
Not dead, but seems like no one who visits this forum has same experience or something to chime.
Yes, a friend of mine said the same. :thumbsup:

ynginvstr

Post by ynginvstr » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:33 am

Tarantino wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:23 pm
As you said fingerprints are related to the card not to the decision, when I visited embassy there was a problem about connection the officer said, first it didn't work and she asked me to wait few minutes, later we only could take one hand fingerprints and only a fingerprint from other hand, 6 fingerprints, they usually take 10. Anyway she said it won't make any problem they only attach two fingerprints into the Residence Permit Card.
Sorry for the late reply.
Wish Everyone a good luck.
Ahaaa! That's a relieving story to hear. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
They told me in another mail that MIGRI will decide later what to do when/if you're to be granted a Residence Permit. I wish me and everyone a good luck.