Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
supergames

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by supergames » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:50 pm

I proved identity on Vaasa.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

zhalsuk

Post by zhalsuk » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:04 pm

taximan wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:41 am
Hey, Could you guys also post what migri locations you proved your identities. It seems some locations are faster than others
I've been told in Migri that the place of where you prove your identity is irrelevant as all the applications are processed in one location.

Nilakash

Post by Nilakash » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:27 pm

Hi ,
I have submitted my application 3rd week of December 2017, in Helsinki. Still waiting and stage 1 . Please update your situation. Good luck :D :D :D

albacore

Post by albacore » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:04 pm

When the stage changes will I get a notification? Or I shlould just visit the website every now and then?
FinlandList.com useful links for living in Finland
AskFinnish.com to ask your Finnish language questions.

biryvih

Post by biryvih » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:08 pm

albacore wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:04 pm
When the stage changes will I get a notification? Or I shlould just visit the website every now and then?
There's no notification, unless they need something from you. Than you'll get a text and /or an email. Good luck.

peroxisome

Post by peroxisome » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:02 pm

2 months 12 days waiting time.
Paid my money on 01 January, verified documents 12 February in Helsinki, citizenship approved 24 April.
There were two queries, each of which i answered in one day. I cannot see now, but i guess the actual processing time (the process was listed as at stage 2) was on the order of 10 days.
My language is Swedish; so maybe that is associated with a faster queue time ?
cheers
david

albacore

Post by albacore » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:11 pm

Congrats!

Or maybe you got into the queue right after paying the money? Recently someone who had applied in the last week of December posted here, and your payment was in January.

peroxisome wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:02 pm
Paid my money on 01 January, verified documents 12 February in Helsinki, citizenship approved 24 April.
There were two queries, each of which i answered in one day. I cannot see now, but i guess the actual processing time (the process was listed as at stage 2) was on the order of 10 days.
cheers
david
FinlandList.com useful links for living in Finland
AskFinnish.com to ask your Finnish language questions.

Nilakash

Post by Nilakash » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:02 am

peroxisome wrote:
cheers
david
Congratulation :D ! I applied and proved my identity in 3rd week December, 2017 in Helsinki. It is still in "waiting for process"- first stage. Is there anybody in the forum who has applied in December,2017 and already got the decision ? Good luck and Please keep updating guys...

SunnyFin

Post by SunnyFin » Fri May 04, 2018 12:58 pm

Hi, thank you for your update. If you don't mind me asking, are you one of those affected by Brexit? I submitted my application in January and am still in stage 1. There appears to be a general trend where certain nationalities are prioritised.

peroxisome wrote:
cheers
david

peroxisome

Post by peroxisome » Fri May 04, 2018 3:12 pm

SunnyFin wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 12:58 pm
Hi, thank you for your update. If you don't mind me asking, are you one of those affected by Brexit? I submitted my application in January and am still in stage 1. There appears to be a general trend where certain nationalities are prioritised.
hi there SunnyFin

yes, I would be affected by Brexit as a UK national.
I am not sure that being British helps, or hinders. There are many UK nationals at my workplace applying for Finnish nationality, and the outcome is variable. I understand that waiting for 4-9 months is typical and I understand (I may be wrong) that one was recently rejected. However, another colleague applying on the basis of Swedish and I both had a very short waiting time before processing.

From Migri's waiting time calculator, it also seems to depend on whether you had some sort of permission before you came to Finland. To be honest, I am very much guessing as to what controls waiting times.
cheers
david

__mies__

Post by __mies__ » Fri May 04, 2018 3:36 pm

peroxisome wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 3:12 pm
SunnyFin wrote:
hi there SunnyFin

I am not sure that being British helps, or hinders. There are many UK nationals at my workplace applying for Finnish nationality, and the outcome is variable. I understand that waiting for 4-9 months is typical and I understand (I may be wrong) that one was recently rejected. However, another colleague applying on the basis of Swedish and I both had a very short waiting time before processing.

From Migri's waiting time calculator, it also seems to depend on whether you had some sort of permission before you came to Finland. To be honest, I am very much guessing as to what controls waiting times.
cheers
david
Congrats! that was really quick. Do you happen to know what was the reason why one of your colleague got rejected?

peroxisome

Post by peroxisome » Fri May 04, 2018 3:47 pm

__mies__ wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 3:36 pm
Congrats! that was really quick. Do you happen to know what was the reason why one of your colleague got rejected?
sorry, no.
I have an understanding that people at my work have a particular difficulty with getting a permanent registration with the Maistraatti, as opposed to temporary registration. However, I don't know if that was the problem in the case of rejected citizenship.
cheers
david

SunnyFin

Post by SunnyFin » Fri May 04, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi David,

Thank you for your response! I doubt the language matters, since you are in the same queue irrespective of the language test. All the best to the rest of us :)

peroxisome wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 3:12 pm
SunnyFin wrote:
hi there SunnyFin

cheers
david

__mies__

Post by __mies__ » Wed May 09, 2018 4:44 pm

I proved my identity on the second week of January in Helsinki, still in stage 1

sruwim

Post by sruwim » Wed May 09, 2018 7:01 pm

__mies__ wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:44 pm
I proved my identity on the second week of January in Helsinki, still in stage 1
Same here, applied on 15th Jan and still in stage 1