Visa

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Violetrays

Visa

Post by Violetrays » Sun May 20, 2018 11:24 pm

Hello everyone,
I've been living in Finland for 2 and 4 months with my kids (non finnish citizen kids) and my divorce is currently on going (im married to finns) . It might be finalized this coming june or july (2018). We have records of domestic violence, we have tried to give our marriage a chance but it disnt work out and violence came again. My kids and i dont wanna back to our homecountry anymore as it is chaotic there as of this moment. Kids is just here soon 1 year. Our visa will expire on early 2021 and im currently studying for ammatti. I will finnish my ammatti before 2021 and quiet worried if i can get job immediately because of the low employment rate in my place. Though its possible to get job to other province it might be hard for me alone with kids. Is there a chance that they will not continue our visa?
Thanks for the reply

Visa

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Visa

Post by rinso » Mon May 21, 2018 6:46 am

Violetrays wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:24 pm
Hello everyone,
I've been living in Finland for 2 and 4 months with my kids (non finnish citizen kids) and my divorce is currently on going (im married to finns) . It might be finalized this coming june or july (2018). We have records of domestic violence, we have tried to give our marriage a chance but it disnt work out and violence came again. My kids and i dont wanna back to our homecountry anymore as it is chaotic there as of this moment. Kids is just here soon 1 year. Our visa will expire on early 2021 and im currently studying for ammatti. I will finnish my ammatti before 2021 and quiet worried if i can get job immediately because of the low employment rate in my place. Though its possible to get job to other province it might be hard for me alone with kids. Is there a chance that they will not continue our visa?
Thanks for the reply
This is a tricky one. I suppose you're now on a 4 year residence permit ( not visa) based on married to a Finn. When the marriage ends, also the reason for your RP ends. They might revoke your RP or not. Each case is unique. So you might need a new RP, probably based on your study. At least you'll need one in 2021.
Now the tricky part. You say you're studying for "ammatti". But you don't specify if it is a degree study (university) or a vocational study. I assume the later. If so a vocational study doesn't qualify for a residence permit. But again they might make an exception. But at least you'll need to fulfill the (financial) requirements.
Also are the children his or not can make a difference. If they are his, they can get a RP based on family ties, and you can get one to be with your children.
I suggest you contact a immigration lawyer and get some advice.

ynginvstr

Post by ynginvstr » Fri May 25, 2018 8:28 pm

Violetrays wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:24 pm
Hello everyone,
Thanks for the reply
I found this on Infopankki.fi :

'' If you divorce your spouse because of his or her violent behaviour towards you, your residence permit can be extended despite the divorce. You should present a clarifying document, such as a doctor’s certificate or a statement from a family counselling centre. You should also attach your account of the circumstances to the residence permit application.

More information on divorce and the termination of a registered partnership is available on the Infopankki page Divorce. ''

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Violetrays

Post by Violetrays » Fri May 25, 2018 9:32 pm

Thank you!