Invited to an interview.

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
ynginvstr

Invited to an interview.

Post by ynginvstr » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:30 am

I applied for a 1st RP - family ties. (Spouse of Finnish Citizen)

MIGRI sent my wife a paper containing questions about us, most of them are the same questions that we have answered in the application I submitted. :) Also, they said that I should contact the embassy for an interview -- giving the deadline.

I wanna know what does this mean? Do they think that our relationship isn't genuine?
What should I expect in the interview?

Any advice?

If you went through an interview, please share your experience. :thumbsup:
Last edited by ynginvstr on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Invited to an interview.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

ynginvstr

Re: Invited for an interview.

Post by ynginvstr » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:35 am

Actually, I think I confused 2 flight dates — I put the landing and takeoff dates.

* The plane landed about 20 mins before midnight. On the application, I put the landing date (the date in the ticket), but the date that was stamped in her passport was stamped after midnight —which means it's a different date.

* The plane took off about 30 mins after midnight. On the application, I put the takeoff date (the date in the ticket), but since she had to do the checking before midnight, the stamp in her passport was different from the takeoff date.

This is the only 'mistake' I could find in my application that might need to be made sure of.

I'm not sure if this is a big deal, would this result a refusal?

Bluesky12

Post by Bluesky12 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:21 am

Good luck to you!
I would like to know if your spouse got the questions paper by post or email! Since I'm expecting also that migri will contact me. But I will be away for 3weeks holiday! Will they interview your spouse also in Finland?
Good luck to you on more time!

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:54 am

This is normal procedure. It has nothing to do with mistakes in your application. If everything is legitimate, then you have nothing to worry about.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

ynginvstr

Post by ynginvstr » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:00 pm

Bluesky12 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:21 am
Good luck to you!
I would like to know if your spouse got the questions paper by post or email! Since I'm expecting also that migri will contact me. But I will be away for 3weeks holiday! Will they interview your spouse also in Finland?
Thank you very much!

They contacted her via post. They said that she has to answer these questions within 2 weeks. (the letter took 5 days to arrive to her home post, which means she has 1 week.) :thumbsdown:

I am not sure if they will interview her in Finland, but I can't say it is impossible.

Thank you one more time. :thumbsup:

ynginvstr

Post by ynginvstr » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:04 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:54 am
This is normal procedure. It has nothing to do with mistakes in your application. If everything is legitimate, then you have nothing to worry about.
Thank you.

Now, the problem is that the embassy didn't give me an appointment -- saying that they don't know when is the availability of my interview. The paper says I have 1 month. This could only mean to me that I will be waiting for months to be interviewed. And guess how annoying that is. :thumbsdown:

Bluesky12

Post by Bluesky12 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:19 am

ynginvstr wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:00 pm
Bluesky12 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:21 am
Good luck to you!
Thank you very much!

They contacted her via post. They said that she has to answer these questions within 2 weeks. (the letter took 5 days to arrive to her home post, which means she has 1 week.) :thumbsdown:

I am not sure if they will interview her in Finland, but I can't say it is impossible.

Thank you one more time. :thumbsup:
Thank you so much for the info, I will have to inform them before I leave for holiday.

ynginvstr

Post by ynginvstr » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:36 pm

Bluesky12 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:19 am
Thank you so much for the info, I will have to inform them before I leave for holiday.
No problem. Sounds good to me. :thumbsup: