Don't use Hesburger phone application to buy your food!

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
agergis

Post by agergis » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:23 am

I have been using Hesburger application to buy my food since it is very convenient that when you arrive, your food is already waiting for you and no need to be in the queue.
However, yesterday happened very stupid thing. I ordered my food and selected wrong restaurant so when I arrived, I found out that my food is ready but in a different restaurant. I had to drive quickly to the correct restaurant but it took already 25 minutes.

Once I arrived, I was shocked to know that the person on the cashier is not willing to give the food to me. I asked why and he said I am late 25 minutes and there can be some bacteria in the food now but still it was not in the trash and I could still see my meals on the shelf !!

I said OK, well then I need my money back but he said he can't do that also .. !!!!!! No money No food !!!!!!!!

I got so angry about it but still he didn't care and I told him that I need to discuss with his boss then he said he is not here and if I am not happy, I can send one stupid email which I know no one will reply.
I contacted Hesburger customer service, no one gives the !"#¤%. I paid 16 euros for two meals and got no food !!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Don't use Hesburger phone application to buy your food!

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:51 am

In other words, you expected the restaurant to cover your own mistake. They have rules as to how long cooked food is kept warm until its binned (cannot be sold anymore), for the reason you mentioned. If they had sold you the food anyway, and you would've gotten food poisoning, I'm hazarding a guess that you would blame them.

You can only blame yourself. Next time you f*ck up, take a deep breath and look in the mirror.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:55 pm

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:51 am
You can only blame yourself. Next time you f*ck up, take a deep breath and look in the mirror.
And that is the reason for the topic to not use phone app to buy food. What next? You use some phone app to get a taxi when hammered and have to pay for three of them? ;)
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

agergis

Post by agergis » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:19 pm

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:51 am
In other words, you expected the restaurant to cover your own mistake. They have rules as to how long cooked food is kept warm until its binned (cannot be sold anymore), for the reason you mentioned. If they had sold you the food anyway, and you would've gotten food poisoning, I'm hazarding a guess that you would blame them.

You r such strange person.. I mean you don't even believe what you write .. Don't u never bought some food and didn't finish and take home.

My topic is don't use the app but I didn't say don't buy !!

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:38 pm

agergis wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:19 pm
Don't u never bought some food and didn't finish and take home.
That has nothing to do with anything. It's a fact that fast food joints have set time limits as to how old food they serve.
agergis wrote:
Based on what you wrote, there was nothing wrong with the app, you made an order to the wrong location (which resulted in the joint having had to make food they could no longer serve) and then got all wound up about it. Get over it, you made the mistake and you paid for it, rightfully so.

agergis

Post by agergis » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:48 pm

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:38 pm
agergis wrote:
That has nothing to do with anything. It's a fact that fast food joints have set time limits as to how old food they serve.
agergis wrote:
Based on what you wrote, there was nothing wrong with the app, you made an order to the wrong location (which resulted in the joint having had to make food they could no longer serve) and then got all wound up about it. Get over it, you made the mistake and you paid for it, rightfully so.
Hey ... consider this post to be not for you .. It is for those who are using the app and can get accidentally late for it. This is to warn people to not be late but you are perfect, you will never be late
Good job funnyguy!

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:33 am

agergis wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:48 pm
FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
agergis wrote:
agergis wrote:
Hey ... consider this post to be not for you .. It is for those who are using the app and can get accidentally late for it. This is to warn people to not be late but you are perfect, you will never be late
Good job funnyguy!
You didn't warn people not to be late, you told them not to use the app. Solely based on a mistake you made yourself, and not any problem with the app itself.

I'll give you some tips here:
- Ordered a cheeseburger in the Hesburger app but actually wanted a chickenburger - your own fault.
- Made a doctor's appointment for the wrong day and missed it - your own fault.
- Wanted to hit the nail with the hammer but instead hit your thumb - your own fault.

Don't blame the tool, blame the user.

And I'm sorry if you cannot or do not want to understand basic hygiene rules for restaurants, but I'm happy they are in place! You are blaming a system that is there to protect you and your health.

agergis

Post by agergis » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:48 am

wolf80 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:33 am
agergis wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:48 pm
FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:

Good job funnyguy!
You didn't warn people not to be late, you told them not to use the app. Solely based on a mistake you made yourself, and not any problem with the app itself.

I'll give you some tips here:
- Ordered a cheeseburger in the Hesburger app but actually wanted a chickenburger - your own fault.
- Made a doctor's appointment for the wrong day and missed it - your own fault.
- Wanted to hit the nail with the hammer but instead hit your thumb - your own fault.

And I'm sorry if you cannot or do not want to understand basic hygiene rules for restaurants, but I'm happy they are in place! You are blaming a system that is there to protect you and your health.
But shouldn't they tell about it .. They never informed before hand !! If I would know that I would be more careful.

For a doctor, I know that if I am late I will pay (they already tell before hand) .. If I ordered something wrong, at least you get something..

put yourself in my shoes, you won't be happy. If you still like the app, use it and be on time.. but some other won't be on time.

Thanks anyway.

Rick1

Post by Rick1 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:17 am

Thanks for the info, if they cannot guarantee foodsafety after 25 min.(eat within 25 min or…) ………….they can put their 'food' somewhere else, was never a fan anyhow

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:34 am

Rick1 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:17 am
Thanks for the info, if they cannot guarantee foodsafety after 25 min.(eat within 25 min or…) ………….they can put their 'food' somewhere else, was never a fan anyhow
From a restaurant chain's point of view, it's a matter of erring on the safe side, binning "old" food doesn't cost as much as the backlash from a possible food poisoning. Also it's a promise that everything is - if not made-to-order - at least relatively fresh.

I almost never eat at fast food places myself (nor am I otherwise affiliated), but to me it's understandable why they do that.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:05 am

wolf80 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:33 am
That is sure way to keep the customer from using the tool. I'm all for a training day for employees to use their tools, but have reservations about the tool if customer needs to be blamed for using it.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Brent

Post by Brent » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:39 am

Damn, you guys are quite harsh on the op. I think he wrote it out of his frustration.

We all make a mistake/an error and it's no big deal. But refusing to give the customer what he paid for is simply wrong. I don't bite the "bacteria or food poisoning" excuse. We all have ordered take away food, drove home and eat it an hour or two later. If we get food poisoning, what comes first in our mind? Or it's my fault because I didn't eat it within 20 min or so. Hell no, we think of there's something wrong with the food. Any good food should last hours in a normal room temperature anyway.

Although, I understand the restaurant wanted to play it safe. But in this case a bit too extreme and there are other options to handle it.

Imagine you order a pizza, half an hour later you come to pick it up... sorry, your pizza might have some bacteria by now so I can't give it to you but thanks for the money. :ochesey: :beer_yum:

suomynona.yllatot

Post by suomynona.yllatot » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:27 pm

Wow! There are some real holy people in here! :twisted: Kidding!

Over the last two decades or so, I've had three similar experiences. Not with the same chain though. In one case, similar issue, same chain, different location (called by phone to order, we did not have "apps" during those days. Other one, it was in a mall, and there was no parking space. And was about 20 min. late (in this case I called them back to inform).

Both times just prepared me a new one. In the third case, I resorted to responding at a whole different level, and a nasty email to the higher-ups. And knew the restaurant owner as well. Got my money back and a couple of coupons.

A lot of them would just give you for the customer goodwill. There is a minor percent of well... there are others that play a hard game. Oft recent, sadly the word "sisu" has taken on a whole different meaning, one of false arrogance and brazen stupidity. I usually counter question (and can be scathingly insulting if I need be).

- If the food can deteriorate and get spoilt in 20 min., how toxic is the food really?
- How toxic is the environment where it was sitting really if the food can get contaminated that easy?
- And if I pick up the food and drive 35 min. away, is the food still eatable? Or toxic and garbage? And then who is responsible?

Such questions usually freak-out the non-thinking types easy! It is strange that these chains are the problem kids. Other restaurants (I use them quite often), such as takeaway Chinese, Indian, Thai have no issues, and never had food or mind poisoning with them.

My view is that: He paid for the food, it is his, and should have been given. At best, served with a warning!

suomynona.yllatot

Post by suomynona.yllatot » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:29 pm

Upphew wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:05 am
have reservations about the tool if customer needs to be blamed for using it.
I completely agree and see a sense to that. I like some of the fuel apps there, most of them have a "drive to" option that opens up the map and drives to the right location. That helps a lot in helping the end-user.

Add on to the previous comment: Customers are likely to make mistakes, e.g. if you order your food and while taking it to the desk, drop the burger. What happens? Would the server rush and pick it and throw it in the bin? What if the situation changes? The drop happens just at the door/ the perimeters of the shop?

agergis

Post by agergis » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:44 pm

Rick1 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:17 am
Exactly .. well said!