My family is Finland, residence permit base on family ties. I need your candid views or advice please.

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Joe's 01

My family is Finland, residence permit base on family ties. I need your candid views or advice please.

Post by Joe's 01 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:02 am

Hei and greetings to all. :D :D :D :D Basically i am looking for candid advice. I am in Finland with an other schengen country residence permit. I have a child in Finland who is Finnish citizen and we are all living together with the mother of my child, my girlfriend. We are planning to get married but the document from my home country as a bachelor single which can allow us to get married is delayed.
So can i apply residence permit in Finland base on guardian of a Finnish citizen or to wait until i got married and apply base on family ties wife and child?
What are the advantage or possibly of the strongest case to apply? Thanks looking forward to your honest and positive views. :D :D

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ousman

Re: My family is Finland, residence permit base on family ties. I need your candid views or advice please.

Post by Ousman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:29 am

Yes you can apply residence permit for a guardian of finnish citizen, if u have paternity confirmed and have a joint custody with you girl friend.. Read more
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... tvMNzW91EU

rinso

Re: My family is Finland, residence permit base on family ties. I need your candid views or advice please.

Post by rinso » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:21 am

both options are possible, but being married is by far the easiest one.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:45 am

You need to be married when the child is born.

Ousman

Post by Ousman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:47 pm

Yes but you would still need to confirm paternity since the child is born outside married

Joe's 01

Post by Joe's 01 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:33 pm

Ousman wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:29 am
Yes you can apply residence permit for a guardian of finnish citizen, if u have paternity confirmed and have a joint custody with you girl friend.. Read more
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... tvMNzW91EU

Thanks, but kindly to add that both paternity and custody has been confirmed long time. The only delay is the document from my home country. So advice and view base on stronger case, that's guardian or wait till after marriage and apply?

Ousman

Post by Ousman » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:03 pm

you can apply for a residence permit based on a guardian of Finnish citizen
i think its the best residence permit to apply and will give you stronger ties with Finland